What have you bought today?

Sponsored Links
The new oven we are getting has a special plate warming setting (!) so that should be far, far easier than just turning the oven on a low setting and hoping for the best………
I put my plate in the toaster for a wee minute, it's a long slice toaster for Scottish bread. Sometimes I just put the toaster on and lay the plate on top. There has been a couple of times when I've forgotten about it, and cracked the plate :LOL:

I put my plate in the toaster for a wee minute, it's a long slice toaster for Scottish bread. Sometimes I just put the toaster on and lay the plate on top. There has been a couple of times when I've forgotten about it, and cracked the plate :LOL:

You must have money - and plates - to burn :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
The new oven we are getting has a special plate warming setting (!) so that should be far, far easier than just turning the oven on a low setting and hoping for the best………
Surprised you didn't include a warming drawer in your shopping list - great for proving dough as well as warming plates, keeping food hot etc.

Surprised you didn't include a warming drawer in your shopping list - great for proving dough as well as warming plates, keeping food hot etc.
We did think about it and if we had just the one oven I might have considered it. The oven also has a proving setting as well so I might give Bod a run for his money with the old sourdough loaves. ;)

Good idea, never thought of that. If I'm cooking with oven, I normally just put the plates in oven for last couple of minutes of cooking time.

Our top oven is used pretty much exclusively for warming plates! and, luckily, the lowest setting gives the perfect temperature.

I wanted 4 screws today for my plug sockets. Went up B&Q to get them (along with some other stuff) and they wanted £3.49 for a pack of 4! Instead, I bought two blanking plates at 79p each and they come with the screws. Who the f*ck buys screws at those prices?

I wanted 4 screws today for my plug sockets. Went up B&Q to get them (along with some other stuff) and they wanted £3.49 for a pack of 4! Instead, I bought two blanking plates at 79p each and they come with the screws. Who the f*ck buys screws at those prices?
Were the screws not supplied?

Sponsored Links
Back