What have you had for dinner

Sponsored Links
Quiche, jacket potatoes and beans for us tonight but Miss Mottie visited today and as she was away on my birthday, she brought me my present. Wine, crackers, chilli pickled onions, chutney and a couple of bits of proper ripe cheese. So ripe we have to keep it in a Tupperware container as it’s stinking the fridge out. Tastes bloody gorgeous though. (y)

IMG_5815.jpeg

Yesterday, I had a packet of Walkers Salt and Vinegar for dinner. I had that after getting home at 12pm. I stoopidly spent 12 hours in the pub. One pack of crisps and god knows how many pints of Kronenbourg. Meh... at least I got my fill of calories.

I am rather blurred around the edges today. Trying to drink my way through it, ain't working pints later though.

We're sharing a massive pork chop for dinner, so I got the job of cooking it. I put it under the grill, as usual, to grill one side then the other, to be followed by some time in the oven, to finish it off - except, it caught fire, and set the fire alarms off. The first time they have ever been triggered, since install many years ago.

Sponsored Links
We're sharing a massive pork chop for dinner, so I got the job of cooking it. I put it under the grill, as usual, to grill one side then the other, to be followed by some time in the oven, to finish it off - except, it caught fire, and set the fire alarms off. The first time they have ever been triggered, since install many years ago.
Is that a true story or are you telling porkies?

I am cooking butternut squash risotto

A lovely warming dish, the butternut squash is roasted with cumin and chilli flakes.

I’ve made it so many times I don’t get the recipe out any more

I am cooking butternut squash risotto

A lovely warming dish, the butternut squash is roasted with cumin and chilli flakes.

I’ve made it so many times I don’t get the recipe out any more

I hate cumin in my dinner.

I have to go out for a couple of hours later, so dinner might be a little late today, but Avrils cooked off some chicken breast, and that goes in some sweet and sour sauce, with some rice, for dinner, when I do get home.

Couldn’t find a dog friendly café that had a spare table in Ross-on-Wye today so we bought a couple of pasties, ate them in the car and took a couple of cakes back to the barn to have with a cuppa.

Couldn’t find a dog friendly café that had a spare table in Ross-on-Wye today so we bought a couple of pasties, ate them in the car and took a couple of cakes back to the barn to have with a cuppa.

Don't go South Korea, there are no dog friendly cafes at all.

I made what is known in our house as 'pasta mash-up'. Flash fried red and yellow peppers, onion, brocolli, mushrooms and chorizo. Mixed up with penne pasta and a jar of red pesto. Lovely and I made enough to take some to work with me for my lunch tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Back