what heating plan??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

can anyone tell me heating plan this is, these are no stats, just a 2 port 6 wire motorised valve which seems to be on the flow of the boiler, i thought it was a cplan, but there are only one flow and return to boiler. sorry about the drawing any advise appreciated

Sponsored Links
No room stat?

Usually known as a 'plan 2' (without the MV) , ad-hoc you might say. :LOL:

This is fully pumped system with a mv to turn off the heating. I assume theres a dual channel programmer, very hot water at all times.

Demand is dictated by programmer and boiler stat. Prime candidate for conersion to an S plan.

To answer your question, it doesn't have a 'plan', but these were only given names to help domestic installers. Dont let the fact it has no scheme name concern you. Needs updating, imho.

Sponsored Links
Can't see the pump... I'm on my tablet.

Must stop commenting on photos unless I am in the office.

So yes, a C-plan has gravity HW. So if things are as Simon says (boom boom) then it isn't a plan... it is just a bit of a mess and needs updating to either S or Y-plan.

its a bad conversion to fully pumped is what it is. Thats gonna be a corosion fun day.

yes thats my problem dan water is too hot, to convert to s plan would i need to replace the f&e pipe from loft as this wouldnt be possible, or is that not the case?

This is fully pumped system with a mv to turn off the heating. I assume theres a dual channel programmer, very hot water at all times.

Demand is dictated by programmer and boiler stat. Prime candidate for conersion to an S plan.

To answer your question, it doesn't have a 'plan', but these were only given names to help domestic installers. Dont let the fact it has no scheme name concern you. Needs updating, imho.

so could i add a mv to the flow to cylinder to get control of how hot water gets, and wire like an s plan

Yes, but you would need to make the cold feed and vent arrangements correct.

If your boiler has pump over-run you would also need to fit a bypass, such as a Honeywell DU144.

Yes, but you would need to make the cold feed and vent arrangements correct.

If your boiler has pump over-run you would also need to fit a bypass, such as a Honeywell DU144.

no pump over run, what needs making right with the feed and vent, would the mv valve be best placed after the vent pipe. i really dont want to start re-piping cause boiler will be replaced when funds allow, but would like more control over water and heating to have one with out other etc.

Present setup will suck air big time. at the top cylinder connection

Present setup will suck air big time. at the top cylinder connection

i think i have drawn it wrong long time since was in loft, it all works fine normally appart from the lack of controls, anyone no of a goog site to look at pipe layout, need to no wheres the best place fo mv. and need hot water on its own and vice versa.

doesn't look wrong to me, it looks like an old W plan but with the pump the wrong side of the return tee. (but i can't see the drawing very well!)

doesn't look wrong to me, it looks like an old W plan but with the pump the wrong side of the return tee. (but i can't see the drawing very well!)

its really hard to work out how this works, i presume the mv controls the heating, but can i put a mv to control hw.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back