What interior paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , I moved into new build david Wilson home two years ago and am looking to tidy interior paintwork doors , skirting , architrave etc , but for the life of me am having trouble matching exsisting finish its not matt or gloss so I bought a tin of Johnson satin but this is coming up matter than the finish I have .
I tried to find out from DW homes to no avail so if there is anyone who works on newbuilds please could you give me a pointer .
Regards
Howy .

Sponsored Links
The paint used will have been the cheapest available at the time. Unlikely you will be able to find out what it is as the painters were probably allowed to use any paint that was roughly the right colour and made them the best profit. And to make it go further they may have thinned it out too much.

Hence to tidy up with the same colour and texture is going to be difficult if not impossible.

Strip and re-paint may be necessary.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Bernard , didn't quite look at it like that but totally agree , just as a side question would you recommend a particular satin finish !
Cheers
Howy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back