What is a SET output for?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One more question...

Looking though a Honeywell GEN4 manual, I came across a particular output connector on the controller PCB. It's called SET and seems to be active LOW, sinking half an amp which is a considerable amount of current comparable to that drawn by an external sounder /bell box. Also, from the spec it seems that it is active during the UNSET phase of an alarm. That feels weird as when an alarm is UNSET it's not meant to be doing anything much (other than tamper monitoring and PA). What would it be used for? Laser cannon or a bear pit trapdoor perhaps?

SPEC.jpg
DIAGRAM.jpg

Sponsored Links
The set output is used to control the led status on shock sensors.
If shock sensor has been activated the trigger led will lit to show that it has been triggered,the set out put will control the led to reset the led when the panel sets.
This is normally used when more than one shock sensor on the same zone

Sponsored Links
The Set signal was first designed for sending a signal to an ARC (Central station or whatever you want to call it) to let them know the alarm has been Set/Unset.

At one time on the receipt of the open/close signal the equipment at the ARC would send an acknowledgement signal back to the protected premises.

Times were/are monitored so that 'out of hours' entry/exit plus all alarm signals etc could be reported to the managers/police etc as required.

Last edited:
its too much effort for you to worry about.

it has more than one possible function, often used to show which shock sensor activated first when there are multipul on the same zone, however nowadays many have one device one zone as its easier when things go wrong to sort out.

when activated the leds come on the first one solid and the rest flashing (never remember which way is which and it may vary across manufacturers), when you set the alarm again they reset (leds go out) ready for action.

No.... Typical use resetting led's on vipers or other shock sensors

I've got 2 viper GLX+ - but turned out we didn't need the door contact part in the end - so i've put a bridge over the reed part - seems to work, but I don't suppose there is a link instead to bridge it is there on the unit?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back