What is DIYnot about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imamartian

The reason i ask is a response by Pred to a post about selling low end DIY tools... this is Pred's reply:

The only people that would be interested in buying that cheap stuff is DIYers, and i dont think you will find many on this forum, the clue might be in the name "DIY" NOT!! most on here are builders and ascotiated trades.

Now i thought the idea was this site had Pro's and DIYer's and the DIYer's asked the questions and the Pro's answered them...

Hence "DI why not"?

Who's right?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Now i thought the idea was this site had Pro's and DIYer's and the DIYer's asked the questions and the Pro's answered them...
No, the reverse is true.

off the help questions asked the person asking by the nature off the question is unsure

it is reasonable to assume people in the trade asking questions will be limited both because they have other avenues [trade forums work mates know the correct place off reference]so only the odd trade person will ask a question further reduced by the chance off ridicule in public

Well judging from the home page

"DIY can be both challenging and rewarding - this is where DIYnot.com aims to help. Our expert teams have brought together hundreds of information pages. Why not Do It Yourself?"

In response to Ima's original question; i wasn't sure if BB14 was ligit or not, did he come by the tools lawfully? was he useing this forum to find a buyer? so i thought i would get in quick to let DIYers know the tools he was selling were definatly not the best on the market. :unsure:

No, the reverse is true.

off the help questions asked the person asking by the nature off the question is unsure

it is reasonable to assume people in the trade asking questions will be limited both because they have other avenues [trade forums work mates know the correct place off reference]so only the odd trade person will ask a question further reduced by the chance off ridicule in public

I think no matter who we are or what we do, if we don't ask questions we stop learning.
Even Joe 90 ask questions......... over and over and over and over and .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back