What is it with this country!

Nige F

£80.00 a day in SW1 ?

I know some polskis who would do it for £40.00, however they can't tile, can't do any diy but that doesn't matter these days thanks to Tory Blair.

Rule Brittania !!!!

Sponsored Links
I know a Polish bloke and he sells kabanos for half the price of anyone else around here. It's a disgrace. And what about that Frederic Chopin?Amateur pianists are still wasting money on his (albeit arguably the finest ever written for the instrument) piano composition scores. What's wrong with Robbie Williams? Or Elton? And the second world war pilots? Don't get me started. etc. etc.

Ionkontrol said:
I
And the last two guys came from that Checkatrade site where everyone is supposed to be vetted and monitored. :rolleyes:
That's a total rip-off. Trades have to pay a fee to join and a fee for every job they take on.
How independent is that?? Proper recommendations still work the best, ask around in you neighbourhood, pub, work.

large tiles are normally harder to fit because they have to have a centre line and look equal in relation to the walls and ceiling,its no good having 1/2 a large tile on one side and 2/3 on the other it will just look silly and they are heavy to work with,you will also need an expensive tile cutter.when i rang around for a plasterer/plumber/electrician/fencer it took me 6 mths with only a 10% ratio that actually bothered to quote.very frustrating.

Sponsored Links
All walls are freshly plastered. Should be piece of piddle. Tiles are half meter squared. Looks like I will have hit up a couple of local tile shops to see if they can recommend someone.

Ionkontrol said:
Looks like I will have hit up a couple of local tile shops to see if they can recommend someone.
Also a good practice. Local businesses normally tend to network with each other (givers gain etc)

Back