What is the answer?

• Thread starter david and julie
  • Start date
Prince Charles, eat that keyboard!!! :) or doesn't he count?

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
Rev Jackson is sat in a bar with Prince Charles when he asks him:
"Hey, Charlie boy, why is Britain called a Kingdom?
Charles answers, "Because it's run by a King."
The Rev replies, "Oh, I suppose that's why they call America a country."

I actually told my mum that one :LOL:

What it's run by a count :?: I didn't think they had an aristocracy :confused:

Sponsored Links
Got the letter h stuck between my teeth. I think there are only 1 or 2 earning that though................just trying to comfort myself with the thought of sitting on toilet tomorrow after eating the space bar :eek:

jasy.. your were right, they are not earning it, they are just getting it.

These salaries are obscene, especially considering that they don't really have that much effective responsibility.

As a former soldier yourself, do the guys on these salaries, ever actually have to go to war zones?

What you have to realise is that these couple of individuals have worked their way up and have probably been serving 30 or 40 years. There will be a high ranking officer in a war zone in total control of his boys and ultimately the buck stops with him. He will be in charge of planning etc and will rely on the professionalism of those below him to carry out his plans.................phew.

david and julie said:
Enjoy you tea jasy. Suppose there must be perks on this to.

http://www.dasa.mod.uk/natstats/ukds/2002/chap2tab228frame.html

Don't think pipme will be very impressed with the eventual pension.

Bl##dy strewth !! I shall have to return to work to help fund this lot !!

Hey, even worse I bet it is a non-contributory pension !!!
Ah, well they probably go hunting in retirement .. hope they fall off the 'orse !! ... then languish in private 'orstpital until they have a heart attack then they are transported to the local NHS one !!

Here's a thought .. someone in private Hospital has heart attack taken to local NHS place ... just after that you arrive with loved one in same situation .. "Sorry mate full up.. go to next town .. bye" ... mmmm ! :mad:

Well, seeing as the person paying for private hospital will also be paying for NHS... Not sure if we are quite ready for the Tory idea of pretty much abolishing the NHS as it stands and forcing us all to have medical insurance, most people probably wouldn't bother, and I doubt we would save enough through reduced NI contributions to cover the private insurance. But, there is some merit to the idea. It works in the US.

Yes non contributory pension!! stop moaning you should of joined up :LOL:

AdamW said:
Well, seeing as the person paying for private hospital will also be paying for NHS... Not sure if we are quite ready for the Tory idea of pretty much abolishing the NHS as it stands and forcing us all to have medical insurance, most people probably wouldn't bother, and I doubt we would save enough through reduced NI contributions to cover the private insurance. But, there is some merit to the idea. It works in the US.

No it doesn't !!! That's utter tosh, the number of people not having medical insurance in the states has rocketed recently. I worked in the states for 6 months as a contractor, I had basic insurance, so basically if I was acutely ill you would be treated, however the advice was, if you could, get on the 1st available plane, and fly home.

Agree, lived there as well. Nightmare on the insurance front. The full cover was costing 4 times as much as NI

Sorry Adam, my last post could have come across as a bit rude, please accept my apologies, I'd just had a slanging match with my manager (perhaps it wasn't wise to call him a d1ckhead err... my manager that is after all!!) :oops:

I seem to be in the habit of making just about all my emails and posts very ambigous lately....

AdamW said:

Precisely ... the privateers will screw you for every penny piece ... just imagine if they had to cover the Emergency side too !! They would just set a tier system ... "Queue !! resume the status quo if you pleese !!" Catch 22 ---mobile goalposts --- don't you just know it !!

Jasy ... I contributed to several conflicts, behind the scenes ... and to my own pension !! ;)

P

Sponsored Links
Back