What is the best plasterboard and tile adhesive?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok I have just a few tiles to replace the ones the tiler messed up. I have just bought a tub of CERA FIX adhesive from B & Q.

It says ceramic tile adhesive. I am reluctant to open it before I get some advice.
I have a 600 x 29mm cut out plasterboard to dib and dab to wall (breeze block) then on top a 600 x 30mm porcelain tile. Will this adhesive be ok for both plasterboard and tile?

£7 something it cost for this tub of adhesive. So please, if this is no good what is the alternative? Thank you

Sponsored Links
for a porc tile this size you need a powder adhesive, go for bal or howtex step away from any bee and queue product and run fast

a what sorry? Bal and howtex?

Will that be ok to use to to dib and dab the one section I need as explained in my OP?

bal and howtex are brand names for adhesive, ive never used them to fix plasterboard with tho

Sponsored Links
To fix plaster board you will need plasterboard adhesive,dont use tile adhesive.board adhesive comes in a bag like plaster.

Am I correct in my understanding that you have removed tiles from the wall that were not sitting correctly and also the plasterboard underneath?

Patching in a 600x300mm section with tiles surrounding it?

Cerafix is for ceramics not porcelain.

yes i cut the grouting out with a dremel drill bit and then used a stanley knife where the grouting used to be cut the plasterboard out. Then bashed the tile out. I have cut a section of plasterboard to dib and dab back in that area. Ready then for a new tile.

I am taking that cerafix tile adhesive back and going to a tile shop for advice on adhesive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back