what is this ? looks like a pressure meter ? wire is cut off

Sponsored Links
Strange beastie. My guess is that it's an in-line scale inhibitor, but your pics are so poor it's hard to tell. It would help if we could see where the connecting pipes go. Are they mains cold water or the cold water supply to the cylinder?

Sponsored Links
thanks. the wire is cut, do you think i can just get rid of it as we dont have much pressure upstairs, the pump works very hard and this may obstruct it ?

The device looks as though it's plumbed in parallel, not series, in which case it can't obstruct anything. Can you post a picture of the pipework that it's connected to?

Hi, I have put the pictures on another site, the links are at the beggining of this forum, it should take you there if you click on it.
Thanks

Yeeees. I looked at those photos, and you can nearly see all the pipework - if you could add some more insulation then you prevent sight of all of it. :idea:

andy007007 said:
it is plumbed in parallel.
OK then. So you could just ignore this device.

Is the underlying problem (pump "struggling") the same as the one you've asked about on this topic?

If so, then why have you created two topics for the same problem?

If not, then what is the function of the second pump, and where is it installed?

it is on the same pipe and i thought i would try and find out what it is so not to fill one forum to much, sorry.

OK then. So you could just ignore this device.
Are you so sure about that, when we don't even know what it is?

It could be two small pressure vessels, mounted end to end, one off the hot side and one off the cold, but with no water connection between the two (the black bit being the housing for some sort of sensor). Unfortunately the OP refuses to show us enough of the installation for us to see how it functions.

Its def just on the hot pipe in the bottom and out of the top then it re-joins the pipe from the pump.

What hot pipe? Which pipe from the pump? If you'd post some decent pictures of all the pipework we could see what was going on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back