What law would you change?

Sponsored Links
Hello, which planet are you from? Its illegal to hunt foxes with hounds.........
Says who?

The Hunting Act 2004 (c.37) . The effect of the Act is to outlaw hunting with dogs (particularly fox hunting, but also the hunting of deer, hares and mink and organised hare coursing) in England and Wales from 18 February 2005

Go read.

The Devon and Somerset Staghounds
The Tiverton Staghounds
The Exmoor foxhounds
The above all reguarly meet through out the winter months and dispatch many a quarry,what act are you on about?
In February 2009, following Exeter Crown Court's acquittal of Tony Wright, huntsman of the Exmoor Hunt, overturning his conviction in the Taunton Deane Magistrates' Court, the High Court dealt with a request by the Crown Prosecution Service to decide whether defendants have a right to say they are "innocent until proved guilty" when claiming the defence of hunting under an exemption, and what is meant by "hunting". In its judgement, the court ruled that the burden of evidence in "exempt hunting" cases was on the prosecution to prove that the conditions of the exemption had not been met, and that searching for a mammal was not an offence. This confirmed the acquittal of Tony Wright. The court concluded that for the offence of "hunting a wild mammal" to take place there must be an identifiable mammal.[28] Subsequently three pending prosecutions against hunts, including one brought privately by the League Against Cruel Sports, were dropped[29] and a further two cases which did reach court were thrown out at the conclusion of the prosecution cases when the District Judges ruled that there was no case to answer[30].

Sponsored Links
The Devon and Somerset Staghounds
The Tiverton Staghounds
The Exmoor foxhounds
The above all reguarly meet through out the winter months and dispatch many a quarry,what act are you on about?

Drag hunting is perfectly legal. Examples of people breaking the law does not make the law vanish, go away, or become invalid. You posted that it wasnt illegal, which is clearly untrue, there is a statute you can go and read that has been passed by parliament that makes it illegal, more than 5 years ago.

Its so tedious when people play word games. By pretending theres no law, you tried to troll me, then you try and present examples of people breaking the law as evidence the law doesnt exist, which is pretty lame to say the least.

The case quoted was not an example of fox hunting, and the law does not make all hunting illegal, but it does make hunting foxes with hound illegal, which is what we were talking about.

very very childish and a waste of everyones time, especially mine.

When we had the old licensing laws we didnt have binge drinking

erm, yes we did, the term binge drinking was coined long before licensing hours were extended. The cafe culture hasn't come about because cafes haven't extended their opening times, and a lot of pubs stop doing food after 9pm.

The laws changed but old habits die hard. But that's irrelevant, if the government don't want me to drink or get drunk, then they should ban alcohol.

People can't be trusted with certain breeds of dog, and others can't be trusted to legally hold a firearm without going on a killing spree.
So is the problem the booze, or the person drinking it?

Who do you think you are, as soon as someone disagrees with you the toys go out the pram all over the floor. :LOL:

When we had the old licensing laws we didnt have binge drinking

erm, yes we did, the term binge drinking was coined long before licensing hours were extended. The cafe culture hasn't come about because cafes haven't extended their opening times, and a lot of pubs stop doing food after 9pm.

The laws changed but old habits die hard. But that's irrelevant, if the government don't want me to drink or get drunk, then they should ban alcohol.

People people can't be trusted with certain breeds of dog, and others can't be trusted to legally hold a firearm without going on a killing spree.
So is the problem the booze, or the person drinking it?

ive been drinking in pubs nearly 50 years. I can tell you from personal experience the levels of violence have escalated ten fold since 24 hour drinking - ask and police officer of A&E doctor, its clearly the case. People got drunk on the old laws, but its the scale thats the problem, theres now 953,000 cases of drink related violence every year, which is ten times the year before 24 hour drinking was introduced. To try and argue there isnt a problem is being blind to the facts and the truth.

Who do you think you are, as soon as someone disagrees with you the toys go out the pram all over the floor. :LOL:

not at all, but we were having a serious debate till you started playing silly games. Do you have a real point to make ?

The problem is the cheap booze that supermarkets are now selling. Compare the price of an average pint now, and look at the price supermarkets are selling a 24 pack for.

Yes I do actually, judging by the way you react whenever anybody disagrees or questions something you have written, you take things too personally. (your ridiculous overreaction to snico for instance)
It's only a discussion forum and if you think that reading other peoples replies is a waste of your time you might consider doing something better with it.

Lincs you've quoted the hunting act, have you read it and all the exemptions which allows hunting in the eyes of any a hunt and the lack of prosecutions which could possibly mean they are right.So sorry to have wasted your time I'm sure you have something more important to attend to, if you have why waste your time on a forum with the rest of us wasters.

Lincs you've quoted the hunting act, have you read it and all the exemptions which allows hunting in the eyes of any a hunt and the lack of prosecutions which could possibly mean they are right.So sorry to have wasted your time I'm sure you have something more important to attend to, if you have why waste your time on a forum with the rest of us wasters.

right. You woudl have got a lot more respect if you'd just made your point sensibly in one post without the silly games though......

eg

Although the Hunting Act made it illegal to hunt foxes, theres been some interesting cases such as here

In February 2009, following Exeter Crown Court's acquittal of Tony Wright, huntsman of the Exmoor Hunt, overturning his conviction in the Taunton Deane Magistrates' Court, the High Court dealt with a request by the Crown Prosecution Service to decide whether defendants have a right to say they are "innocent until proved guilty" when claiming the defence of hunting under an exemption, and what is meant by "hunting". In its judgement, the court ruled that the burden of evidence in "exempt hunting" cases was on the prosecution to prove that the conditions of the exemption had not been met, and that searching for a mammal was not an offence. This confirmed the acquittal of Tony Wright. The court concluded that for the offence of "hunting a wild mammal" to take place there must be an identifiable mammal.[28] Subsequently three pending prosecutions against hunts, including one brought privately by the League Against Cruel Sports, were dropped[29] and a further two cases which did reach court were thrown out at the conclusion of the prosecution cases when the District Judges ruled that there was no case to answer[30].

So in practice there seems to be some serious loopholes in the Act.

You're lucky im not snico, he would have jumped on you for googling it...........personally i dont care where people get thre info, as long as its relevant and interesting.

I think Parole boards should be scrapped - of what benefit are they to society?

The human rights act, if not scrapped, needs a measure put in place that declares the rights of the many outweigh the rights of the one. Needs a bit of work - a company might need to be seen as an individual... i don't know, but the aim is to stop a crim claiming their human rights are infringed and getting freed and infinging the rights of their victim/s.

Ban tax havens..... people/companies operating in this country, must declare a base in this country and pay the appropriate level of tax... unlike many many rich business people/companies/football clubs etc

You're lucky im not snico, he would have jumped on you for googling it...........personally i dont care where people get thre info, as long as its relevant and interesting

But hes not a serial Googler is he :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back