What law would you change?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
We got free speech.
We got free love.
We got free radio.

What about free file sharing? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously though, I would extend the right to civil partnerships to us heteros. That's the only way to make Cameron's proposed tax breaks on marriage fair. :cool: :cool: :cool:

How about the laws of Physics, that could be interesti *~~()*$%$Y$££!!!!!!1............................ *

I think this law should be reviewed;
In Liverpool, it is illegal for a woman to be topless except as a clerk in a tropical fish store
more nudity, please :!:
This one seems to be fair, but could be amended to all things placed on the head. Including turbans, Kippahs and baseball caps even hoodies.A pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants, including in a policeman's helmet

I'd scrap the waste carriers licence nonsense and actually make it easier to dispose of waste without jumping through hoops (hoops that the ****** just go around anyway)
Increase the penalties for real flytippers to compensate (auction off their vehicles)

The human rights act should be scrapped so we can deport all those filthy Muslim terrorists back to their mudhuts in Pakistan instead of them claiming benefits here!

The pernicious Human Rights Act. I wouldn't scrap it as such, but I'd heavily amend it so it gave human rights to those who accept that with these rights come responsibilities.
Criminals and those who would plot against our way of life, would forego their rights.
Drunken youths, fighting and causing mayhem in out towns and cities on Friday and Saturday nights, would have the automatic right to be locked up until a Monday morning appearance before the magistrates court.
Terrorists seeking asylum here would be deported without appeal.
Paedophiles would have no automatic right to appeal against lengthy sentences. Schoolchildren wouldn't be allowed to harass teachers.
MP's wouldn't be able to hide behind "privilege rules.
Asylum seekers would be forced to claim assistance from the first European country they arrived in, instead of being herded towards the French channel ports

Christ it could seriously change things for the better.

Ban premium rate phone lines. That would put a whole load of scammers out of business at a stroke :D :D :D and ----

As a side benefit, we wouldn't be subjected to endless rounds of TV shows that feed on the proceeds of premium rate numbers. Do you remember the days when a talent show produced a winner at the end of each episode? :cool: :cool: :cool:

The pernicious Human Rights Act. I wouldn't scrap it as such, but I'd heavily amend it so it gave human rights to those who accept that with these rights come responsibilities.
Theres an idea - the human responsibilities act. :)

Every person has a responsibility to conduct their lives without impairing the enjoyment or quality of any other person's life.

Simple. :D

On a serious note, I'd make a law banning legitimate loan sharking, whereby, legit loans can only be say 10% above base rate.

On a serious note, I'd make a law banning legitimate loan sharking, whereby, legit loans can only be say 10% above base rate.
To be fair, there are some good services about now, being advertised on TV - the "borrow up to 400 pounds for up to 30 days" type things, whereby if worked out, the APR is about 2500%, but the APR is irrelevant because it'll be paid back within 30 days. And the APR is made crystal clear on screen too.

Ban premium rate phone lines. That would put a whole load of scammers out of business at a stroke :D :D :D and ----

As a side benefit, we wouldn't be subjected to endless rounds of TV shows that feed on the proceeds of premium rate numbers. Do you remember the days when a talent show produced a winner at the end of each episode? :cool: :cool: :cool:

No.

Theres multiple acts that want scrapping.

1. The Health and Safety laws want going through, and the H&S Executive given instructions to stop the petty interference in ordinary peoples lives and concentrate on stopping train crashes and things of that scale.

2. Human rights - need to add responsibilities to rights, and Act needs amending so the rights of the victims,and the best interests of the majority, are served first and override the rights of the individual, and rights do not at all extend to foreigners here illegally, foreigners who commit criminal acts, and foreigners who are a danger to us.

3. RIPA - the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act - like most Labour Acts, the name implies the exact opposite of what it does. It absolutley does NOT regulate investigatory powers, instead its given 255 different bodies the right to enter your home without your consent, and given petty bureaucrats the rights to conduct surveillance against you for the mosrt trivial of reasons. A real Big Brother piece of law.

4. The Digital Rights Act. A law passed by bribing Peter Mandelson, and rushed through before labour got kicked out. Places the burden of monitoring downloading to the ISP. thus forcing them to spy on you. If Sony and Phillips want to stop people downloading stuff illegally, then let them use existing laws against breach of copyright, if no breach is taking place, then theres no case,We didnt need this bit of spyware foisted on us.

5. The Police need a lot of there powers removing, especially the laws that give them the ability to search people on a whim, its a gross infringement of civil liberties.

6. We also want back the right to silence, the right to trial by jury, and the right to legal aid. We want the secrecy lifted from various courts, such as the Family Courts, and we want Coroners Inquests made so they cant be fiddled with by the government.

7. Private CCTV needs to be illegal if it captures images from a public places.

8. More powers to us to find out what information people hold about us on private databases. Make ALL businesses and organisation, public or private, subject to FOI requests.

Ill think of some more later..............

Sponsored Links
Back