What overload protection is there upstream of incoming HRC Cutout?

Indeed (and I think a bit higher when there is electric heating) - and, when one thinks about it, that's not unreasonable as an average over time - 'large' loads (say, >1kW) are usually present for only a small proportion of the 24 hours of a day. However, I presume that there are times of day/year (like the infamous Christmas day morning!) when the average across properties might well get quite a bit higher than that.

Kind Regards, John
Substations and generators usually have a continuous and peak rating. For example, a site I maintain has a substation which clearly states something like 630amp continuous, 800amp for x hours.

Sponsored Links
Substations and generators usually have a continuous and peak rating. For example, a site I maintain has a substation which clearly states something like 630amp continuous, 800amp for x hours.
That makes complete sense - indeed, it's almost a necessity when one has loads which vary appreciably. As a matter of interest, do you know what rating of fuse that one would have?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back