What paint to use over an external copper gas pipe?

Perhaps you could disguise it as plastic waste or downpipe.

Slit a length and you may be able to open it enough to clip round the copper pipe. A few clamps will hold it closed. Maybe put a fake shoe on the bottom and a fake hopper on the top.

Or disguise it as plastic electrical conduit, and attach a lamp to the end, or an outdoor socket for the lawnmower. Or disguise it as plastic waterpipe, and attach a tap.

Move house?

Sponsored Links
Just had a new 10m external 22mm gas pipe run installed which is attached to the drive way wall. I want to avoid someone trying to steal the copper pipe, is there any particular paint people use to paint copper with to act as a deterrent?
Change it to buried PE pipe. Nobody will steal that and it's safe from accidents. Then you can weigh in the copper yourself.

Just put some warning tape on it that says “450v risk of death” instead of “gas gas gas” :LOL:

I've often seen copper used for guttering and downpipes sur le continent - I guess theft is a UK cultural thing.

Sponsored Links
I don't know if there is a major copper theft problem in my area, I just figured that any 10m run of 22mm copper might be attractive to cheapskate thief and it was my plumber who suggested I paint it as a deterrent.

Did he try to sell you something paint?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back