What price this extension?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just given a price for an extension locally (Lincs, back of beyond) 3 sided comes out 3.5 mts x 4mts in commons , later painted not by me, Fibolite block, hip roof with Rosemary tiles.
Couple of sockets, one light, heating done by client.
No drainage required, and fairly simple knock through via existing bay. Not straightforward access, but not too difficult either, no parking or neighbour issues.
Any guesstimates? I'm just curious.

Sponsored Links
About what I'd say freddy (sorry to hear about your brother by the way), but there must be an area effect, also a premium for specification. this isn't a particularly involved job, but the roof does add slightly to the equation.
Has anyone noticed a downturn in pricing given the present economic situation? Personally haven't noticed the price of materials declining.

That's a bog standard £/m² Freddy's quoted run of the mill / slap it on / no fancy internal finishes / take the money and run. :LOL:

Personally haven't noticed the price of materials declining.
That's because on the whole they have been increasing and noticeable so.

Sponsored Links
Why on earth has this post been moved? I wasn't looking for a price or any advice regarding such, just opinion of the trade in general with a view to a debate as to the trend of pricing etc and also comparison of area prices.
Of course it's a Building question, but I am a tradesman seeking to exchange views with others! Isn't that what "Trade Talk" is about?

Freddy, much as I respect and admire your late dear departed twin, --I don't quite know how to end this without being rude.
Perhaps I didn't express myself well enough, I was just trying to stimulate a discussion, you know , how are things in your area etc.
Just chewing the fat, or don't we do that anymore?
Also what would actual Builders ( not joiners,plumbers, plasterers or gods chosen few electricians) charge given the current economic climate.

And I mean realistically, not just to impress forum members.

Current extension price for Lincolnshire, is two pigs, a goat, use of a tractor for three months and and a date with a farmers daughter who is normally locked away in the attic

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back