what should my boiler service certificate look like

Confused by all the replies.....here is a redacted screenshot.

Is this good enough?View attachment 269837

The bottom line is that it IS good enough. There is no REQUIREMENT to provide a “certificate” at all, and many RGI’s will just issue an invoice with the chargeable item listed as a “service”.

I would be more concerned as to wether the work was actually carried out properly. In fact, what you received was probably a basic check (known in the trade as a “poke ‘n go”), coupled with a tightness test.

Why did you have a Veisseman Engineer there,after the service? He was wrong to say tge firm is inadequate

Sponsored Links
That cert's fine. Yes as others have pointed out it's not strictly needed and he has marked a part incorrectly but that doesn't affect the validity.

Excellent question though, why was a Veismann engineer out if you already had it serviced? Some kind of warranty call?

The bottom line is that it IS good enough. There is no REQUIREMENT to provide a “certificate” at all, and many RGI’s will just issue an invoice with the chargeable item listed as a “service”.

I would be more concerned as to wether the work was actually carried out properly. In fact, what you received was probably a basic check (known in the trade as a “poke ‘n go”), coupled with a tightness test.

Why did you have a Veisseman Engineer there,after the service? He was wrong to say tge firm is inadequate

I had a minor problem with the boiler, I think I might have pulled out the flexi condensing pipe whilst securing it to the waste behind the washing machine as there was water dropping from under the inside of the boiler. That's the reason the Viessmann rep came around and was asking me questions about when the service was last done etc and said that my certificate was not valid.

Sponsored Links
I have one of those 24/7 home rescue mo they subscription plans for less than a fiver a month. Got my first service with them this week included.

Not really happy with them as their call centre is overseas and review sites not highly rating them.

What should I ask them to provide in the type of certificate please?
Less than a fiver a month!? Less than 60 quid a year, would not even cover a service with me never mind repairs. Call out fee?
The paperwork is adequate, with lots of relevant information.
Viessmann engineer is talking trash.
EP3

95 quid excess, probably for each unrelated fault, but I don't know for sure. No annual service included. Very basic cover and could potentially end up a rather substantial bill.
EP3

I got the second one for £4.49 which has boiler service. Not fussed about the breakdown cover as I get that free with my home insurance emergency cover.

I got the second one for £4.49 which has boiler service. Not fussed about the breakdown cover as I get that free with my home insurance emergency cover.

Did you actually observe the service being carried out?

Don’t get hung up about the cert. Tge only feasible time that it would be needed is if a house purchaser asks for it, or if a manufacturer demands it on a warranty call. The cert as supplied will pass on both counts, but, generally, even a receipt with “service boiler” on it would suffice.

Did you actually observe the service being carried out?

Don’t get hung up about the cert. Tge only feasible time that it would be needed is if a house purchaser asks for it, or if a manufacturer demands it on a warranty call. The cert as supplied will pass on both counts, but, generally, even a receipt with “service boiler” on it would suffice.

I did observe the service, yes.

I wouldn't rate them to be honest. Even though I am of Asian heritage, this company seems to have an outsourced call centre in Pakistan with their 30 or so engineers (they are gas safe registered obviously) all of the same or similar community. I got chatting to the guy and had to remind him /ask if he open the valves again as they were showing red on the magna clean 2 when he fired up the boiler after the service (which he forgot to do). Was just a genuine mistake as I kept him preoccupied with my chatting.

And the certificate, I needed for the warranty purposes as Viessmann call centre warned me on the phone that they would ask to see it to undertake a warranty repair / visit.

I did observe the service, yes.

I wouldn't rate them to be honest. Even though I am of Asian heritage, this company seems to have an outsourced call centre in Pakistan with their 30 or so engineers (they are gas safe registered obviously) all of the same or similar community. I got chatting to the guy and had to remind him /ask if he open the valves again as they were showing red on the magna clean 2 when he fired up the boiler after the service (which he forgot to do). Was just a genuine mistake as I kept him preoccupied with my chatting.

And the certificate, I needed for the warranty purposes as Viessmann call centre warned me on the phone that they would ask to see it to undertake a warranty repair / visit.

All they want, normally, is evidence of a service. A receipt with an appropriate notation will suffice. Unless there is something special about Veismann requirements, in which case a resident Veissman guy will be here to correct me.

As previously stated, there is no such thing as an “official” or “legal” service cert, although I use to print my own. But that was, tbh, only because folk feel more comfortable with a “document”.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back