What size conduit for 3 T&E for a light switch

Sponsored Links
Is it a straight length and how long?
T&E in conduit is fine for a straight length but if you try to pull it round a bend it gets harder.
If it is a straight length of conduit then 1.5 T&E will go into a 20mm conduit but you need to consider all factors in any design.

Sponsored Links
Is it a straight length and how long?
T&E in conduit is fine for a straight length but if you try to pull it round a bend it gets harder.
If it is a straight length of conduit then 1.5 T&E will go into a 20mm conduit but you need to consider all factors in any design.

It a straight length probably about a meter, and need to fit 3 individual 1.5 T&E cables in conduit

Indeed, I was trying to tease a little more information from the OP

I want to protect the cable with capping before the wall is plastered
Or
The cables are in an area with livestock and must protect the cables from damage
Or
I just love the look of pipey stuff
Etc

I’ll try another tack:-

@Stu777123 what exactly do you mean by “conduit” and why do you think you need it?

20mm round conduit is fine.

20mm oval conduit is fine.

If you meant trunking, 25mmx16mm is fine.

If you meant capping, 25mm is fine.

Conduit is good, it can assist in future wiring alterations.

Ok then, MAY.

When it comes to concealed wiring, conduit is a godsend for changing things, especially when correcting DIY work, so I always promote conduit!!

Ok then, MAY. When it comes to concealed wiring, conduit is a godsend for changing things, especially when correcting DIY work, so I always promote conduit!!
That's certainly true of singles in appropriate conduit. However, maybe I've been unlucky, but my experiences of trying to 'change things' when one has T+E in (particularly plastic) conduit are not very happy ones, even when there is just one T+E in the conduit, and far worse when there is more than one cable.

Kind Regards, John

I see. Some people (I'm not suggesting you) don't install it right. They don't always bring it into the ceiling void, or if there is a join it isn't lined up correctly (another use for PVC tape, see other topic!).

Only yesterday I was able to utilise an existing conduit in a wall, which saved destroying a recently plastered wall.

When installing wiring, always think of the next man - it could be you.

I see. Some people (I'm not suggesting you) don't install it right.
Well, I have very rarely installed T+E in conduit myself (other than the occasional 'drainpipe' to get several cables through!), so whenever I have been trying to 'make changes', it has been someone else's work that I've been trying to change!
Only yesterday I was able to utilise an existing conduit in a wall, which saved destroying a recently plastered wall.
If it can be done, it obviously is an advantage. Was this a single T+E cable, or multiple ones?
When installing wiring, always think of the next man - it could be you.
One might say that the same could be said of some of the diabolical work that gets done - 'thinking of the next electrician' (and all the hours of work he'll get paid for when trying to sort out the mess) :)

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back