What size conduit for 3 T&E for a light switch

Why 1.5mm, 1mm would likely be adequate and easier.

I'll assume you mean oval plastic conduit, as that's what I always use and find, in which case 3 x 1.5mm would go, but it may be rather tight.

Best / worst I've experienced was 4x 1mm t+e in a 20mm oval conduit. Sadly the installer had used crampets and squashed it, so nothing would move when I needed to change one.

I always fit 1 if there are more than 2 cables, makes things easier if a change is needed down the line....

Sponsored Links
I've sometimes found it far from easy even with short lengths of straight conduit when there have been multiple T+E cables in it. In any event, I wasn't talking about the OP's 'straight 1 metre' but, rather, was responding to the far more general comment (my emphasis) ...
... When it comes to concealed wiring, conduit is a godsend for changing things, especially when correcting DIY work, so I always promote conduit!!

Sponsored Links
My wagoboxes are currently beyond reach - I wonder if they have conduit knockouts.

Just thinking about stranded singles in the conduit, connected to T/E in a MF box at the top....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back