what size nuts are there?

J

joeread

Im buying a Bahco Adjustable wrench but i dont know what size to get because im not sure what size nuts there are, what sizes nuts are mostly use in plumbing?

thanks

Sponsored Links
If it's for domestic use only then buy a couple, small one and a wide jaw, for all those ajustable types of nuts that you come across. A pair of grips might also help.

Look around your home at the nuts that are on pipes and you'll get the idea.

I have a 6" Bahco Adjustible for Small nuts
I have a 10" Bahco Adjustible for Medium Nuts
I have a 18" Bahco Adjustible for BIG nuts :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I've got a 6" Bahco Wide Jaw Adjustable, two 8" Bahco Wide Jaw Adjustables, plus one 15" and one 18" Bahco adjustable. There are many nut sizes you come across so adjustables are king. If you want fixed sizes you'll need 10, 13, 16, 17, 22, 23, 24, 15/16", 25, 32 as a minimum

Don't make the same mistake as I did and buy standard size adjustables, always get WIDE JAW, as standard sise fit 15mm and nothing bigger.

Waste of money.. why do they make them?

Apart from a 6" wrench and a 8" wide jaw, I also have an 8" reversable grip jaw (that's what I call it anyway!), which comes in useful sometimes, and saves getting the stillsons out. :)

6" for drain offs, 8" wide jaw for general and 12" for just nicely torqueing up stubborn iso's, rad valves, gate valves etc.

New Bahco spanners are pony now imo. Just got a 8" wide jaw Irega and its a much better adjustable than a new Bahco I got a little while ago.

Old Bahco's still good though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back