What size sds bit or 32mm waste pipe ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

May seem a stupid question but do i just get a 32mm sds bit or go for a slightly larger 35mm bit ?

Its going through a cavity wall ans u will pilot fole with an 8/10mm first.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I normally use a core bit, what type of wall is it? Not just cavity but the material type and thickness.

If going for SDS then you would pilot 10mm-14mm.

32mm waste pipe can vary in overall diameter, depending on whether it is push/compression or solvent weld.

Sponsored Links
I normally use a core bit, what type of wall is it? Not just cavity but the material type and thickness.

If going for SDS then you would pilot 10mm-14mm.

32mm waste pipe can vary in overall diameter, depending on whether it is push/compression or solvent weld.

Its standard house brick, the pipe will be solvent weld.

Not sure of the exact width though.

32mm Solvent weld will have an outside diameter of 36mm.
I would also allow a little more for flexibility.

You can hire core drills and bits, if this is one off!

100mm depth readily available but you can use shallower (shorter) cores. With a short one you drill to the depth of the core drill then use a chisel to break out the plug created. Then you drill again and repeat until you've reached the full depth.

35mm i'm using..... :D

I have a 8/10/16/24.

I'm sure if i go up in stages and drill 'into' the cavity the hole will be fine.

Well then,

In the words of The Prodigy:

Ruff in the jungle, in the jungle, in the jungle, ininin the jungle
In the jungle, in the jungle, in the jungle, ininin the jungle
Ruff in the jungle, in the jungle, in the jungle, ininin the jungle
In the jungle, in the jungle, in the jungle, ininin the jungle...
Ruff, ruff, ruff

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

They don't write proper lyrics like that any more. :LOL:

Hire a core drill. Will be neater, and probably not much more to hire the kit than buy the drill bit.

Its done now, hole is perfect compared to a lot of the other (half brick removed) !!!

Cheers guys. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back