What System for a Small Cupboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to put everything in my airing cupboard. It's 1200mm deep but the door in is only 450mm wide. Once in the cupboard is 570mm wall to wall (and normal celing height). It only has the Cylinder in there at the moment (and pump pipes valves and wiring). The boiler is in the kitchen directly below and the cold water tank and supply tank directly above in the loft.
I want mains pressure of the type sold by Heatweb in Epsom but I can't get it through the door.
Could I get something in there with a new boiler without major structural change?

Sponsored Links
I want to put everything in my airing cupboard. It's 1200mm deep but the door in is only 450mm wide. Once in the cupboard is 570mm wall to wall (and normal celing height). It only has the Cylinder in there at the moment (and pump pipes valves and wiring). The boiler is in the kitchen directly below and the cold water tank and supply tank directly above in the loft.
I want mains pressure of the type sold by Heatweb in Epsom but I can't get it through the door.
Could I get something in there with a new boiler without major structural change?

Look at the high flowrate Ethos combi boiler. It is a as good a stored water mains pressure systems and highly cost effective. Do a search on "Ethos" and it all comes up. It will fit in.

Sponsored Links
Well I've had a look at the Ethos. Can it really provide water at enough pressure to power a shower. I'm afraid I've been influenced by my daughters flat that dribbles luke warm water at the taps. The owner says the flow has been set low to allow the combi to get some temperature. I think he's one of those saving the planet types!

I suggest you search Dr Drivels other posts before you take his advice.

He is dying like a dog out there.

The ethos is not a complete package, like a W/B greenstar 37cdi which out performs the ethos 36c.
the ethos 36c does not have a
PRV
Integral auto bypass
Expansion vessel
and the flow rates are not fantastic.

Could also have a look at the Vaillant Ecotec Plus 937 if you have the necessary incoming cold water flow rate and pressure.

It will be hard to find a better 'storage' combi boiler ;)

The ethos is not a complete package, like a W/B greenstar 37cdi which out performs the ethos 36c.
the ethos 36c does not have a
PRV
Integral auto bypass
Expansion vessel

They are cheap parts.

and the flow rates are not fantastic.

How does 23 litres/min do you for the 54kW?
Please look, now, now, look.

The W-B does not have an integral weather compensator or OpenTherm. Do you know what a weather compensator is?

Could also have a look at the Vaillant Ecotec Plus 937 if you have the necessary incoming cold water flow rate and pressure.

It will be hard to find a better 'storage' combi boiler ;)

Easy to find. The Alpha CD50 for one. The Ethos 54kW is not stored water and still laces the 937, and the Ethos is small in physical size while the 937 is like a washing machine. The expansion vessel is not incorporated so it can go in small cupboards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back