What System for a Small Cupboard

Sponsored Links
The vailant storage combi is very good bit of kit and the optional extras are top rate. If you have the space and budget a good choice.
If your water main is up for the job and you reduce the domestic temp down you can have 23 litres/min from your vailant as well.
Its all down to how the marketing men quote there performance figures, in an attempt to mis-lead the public into believing a specific product is far superior. Hopefully one day they will all use the same criteria, when that happens there wont be a lot in it, just the odd 0.1-0.3 litre. Then its purely quality of product/price/reputation and correctly informed consumer choice. At the moment it very confusing, you do a goggle and find a boiler quoting 23ltr/min and thinks that the dogs. When in fact its no better than any other 54KW combi. 54kw consumption does not leave a lot of room for any thing else on a standard domestic U6 gas meter.

Doctor Drivel has got hold of this one. Can we get back to normal with considered advice (or do you all ignore him)

HeatingMan - I've had a look at the Greenstar and it looks well thought out. I also like the site with plenty of advice. So it's on my list.

Gas4you - I'm off to look at the Valiant now.

Sponsored Links
might struggle to get a vaillant in that space theyre quite wide. good boilers though if it will fit. the worcesters are pretty efficient too.

Heatingman/Gas4you
Found it! You have to go in as an Installer not Homeowner. Do they really think we don't need the basic information. Doesn't make me warm to them.

However, a Storage Combi would get my wife off my back - "I don't want one of those Ascots".

440mm on the shortest dimension so it will go through the 450mm door.

How do you find real world user opinion?

The vailant storage combi is very good bit of kit and the optional extras are top rate. If you have the space and budget a good choice.

It is very expensive!

If your water main is up for the job and you reduce the domestic temp down you can have 23 litres/min from your vailant as well.

For about a minute or so until the small 15 litres of storage runs out and you revert to a 837s poor flowrate. An Etos give 23 litres.min @ 35C temp rise. The 937 can't even look at those flowrate figures.

Its all down to how the marketing men quote there performance figures, in an attempt to mis-lead the public into believing a specific product is far superior.

They do and what is a 937s flowrate at 35C temp rise?

At the moment it very confusing, you do a goggle and find a boiler quoting 23ltr/min and thinks that the dogs. When in fact its no better than any other 54KW combi. 54kw consumption does not leave a lot of room for any thing else on a standard domestic U6 gas meter.

The Ethos 54kW gives 23 litres/min @ 35C temp rise Do you understand? Stop trying to mislead the OP.

The 937 is poorly specced to the Ethos and more expensive and underperfoms too. An the size of washing machine on the wall.

The Ethos is NOT a stored water combi and will give 23 litres/min for ever.

It leaves enough meter capacity for a cooker. designed that way. A class act.

Heatingman/Gas4you
Found it! You have to go in as an Installer not Homeowner. Do they really think we don't need the basic information. Doesn't make me warm to them.

However, a Storage Combi would get my wife off my back - "I don't want one of those Ascots".

Is is only 15 litres of storage. You had better make sure the wall is strong enough to take it - it is the size of a washing machine. And take out a loan too. It is a 837 (one of those Ascots) with tank bolted on the back.

How do you find real world user opinion?

Just ask me.

Doctor Drivel has got hold of this one. Can we get back to normal with considered advice (or do you all ignore him)

This is me. Want the best cost effective solution? Ask me. Want a second rate one, ask this tribe.

DHW flow rate at 60°C (DT=50K) l/min 15 **
DHW flow rate at 40°C (DT=30K) l/min 25 **

The above figures are from the Ethos technical manual, if anyone's remotely interested.

** initial pressure of 2bar water main required.

I think the gen opinion is that you come on this site purely to cause controversy and blow your trumpet to make yourself feel clever.

Can you please explain how you get 23ltr/min at 35deg rise from the quoted Ethos figures.

The above figures are from the Ethos technical manual,

They are. That is 23 /iitres/min @ 35C temp rise (the defacto standard), for ever as no stored water.

I think the gen opinion is that you come on this site purely to cause controversy and blow your trumpet to make yourself feel clever.

The general opinion is at you can't work out a flow rate @ 35C temp rise. And 23 litres/min is cylinder delivery standards. You seem to think that is poor for some reason. And let you loose on the public.

Can you please explain how you get 23ltr/min at 35deg rise from the quoted Ethos figures.

My God!!!!!

heatingman wrote:

The above figures are from the Ethos technical manual,

They are. That is 23 /iitres/min @ 35C temp rise
No it isn't.
25 x 30 / 35 is 21.43

and the Vaillant isn't more expensive?
About £120 more for the Ethos before the non-included bits.

if you want cheap, fit a couple of Heatlines, several hundred £ less.

and the Vaillant isn't more expensive?

How much?

About £200 more for the Ethos before the non-included bits.

And no weather compensator or OpenTherm standard. and a crap flowrate in comparison too. No contest really.

if you want cheap, fit a couple of Heatlines, several hundred £ less.

A good idea. Tony Agile says they are the business - well he would say that sort of thing about scrap. Do they have weather compensators and OpenTherm as well?

Comparing the 937 with the Ethos 54kW is comparing apples with oranges. The Ethos is in a strata above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back