What to do - shoddy mentor/supervisor

Could you not ask your gaffer if you could work with any of the other two plumbers to gain experience of seeing how they work?

Over time we work with different tradesmen; see different ways of working, pick up new skills or old tricks, enhance working relationships, improve on people skills, develop new perspectives, etc...

May be worth the ask.

Sponsored Links
Could you not ask your gaffer if you could work with any of the other two plumbers to gain experience of seeing how they work?

Over time we work with different tradesmen; see different ways of working, pick up new skills or old tricks, enhance working relationships, improve on people skills, develop new perspectives, etc...

May be worth the ask.

'Tis exactly what I did. Starting with a different guy monday and managed to do it without putting anyone's nose out of joint.
Though i'm sure the boss knew what I was getting at even though I was very careful not to say it ;)

Give me the cranky old geezer who knows his stuff and insists on the job being done properly than the easy going fly boy - you may have to mind your Ps & Qs a bit and you'll probably be worked a lot harder, but you'll be far happier with your work.

There are some advantages to self-employment!

Sponsored Links
i think that says a bit about the boss and the firm then! I reguarly have reviews with my apprentices, and i certainly want to know if somethings not right

Learn what you can and keep your eyes open as you say. Good luck with tyhe new guy, hell probably be alright once he knows youre ok
you did note employe the ****** so keep your mouth shut and go on your own should be easy for you there is a lot of takers out ther.be lucky.

Back