1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

what to replace floor boards with?

Discussion in 'Floors, Stairs and Lofts' started by rob4beer, 2 Feb 2018.

1. rob4beer

rob4beer

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Morning,

I'm currently doing a refurb on our 1970s house and in the bedroom we currently have carpet over floorboards. I want to lift all the boards so I can sound insulate between them with rockwool and also run a few wires for new sockets etc.

The floorboards are a little bit creaky at the minute.

Am I best replacing them or using something different once i have done all the sub floor work? If replace, what would be the best thing to use? I like easy answers.. :)

thanks in advance

Rob

2. bernardgreen

bernardgreen

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    New floor boards would be my choice.

3. John D v2.0

John D v2.0

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I'd go for decent 18mm plywood for upstairs screwed down well as it strengthens the joists and reduces noise a bit.
    But there's no reason you shouldn't just reuse most of what you have, screwed down well, replace any buits that are no good

4. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links