What to replace Potterton PRT2 thermostat with?

yot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I just have a simple question - I need to replace the Potterton PRT2 thermostat with something else, as I can't get spare parts or a new one (it's too old and discontinued as far as I can tell - it looks like this http://www.heatingsparescentre.co.uk/uncategorised-c2965/potterton-myson-prt2-room-thermostat-p24786) and in my current one the main dial broke off.

I have zero knowledge about this stuff, but I would like it to fit the same or a very similar backplate (I don't want to drill new holes), would use the same wiring and be cheap (<50 pounds). If it was programmable over 24 hour period (or longer) it would be great, but it's not necessary.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Sponsored Links
The PRT2 is just a basic on/off dial thermostat, so pretty much any make/model could be fitted as a replacement.
Mains powered versions will require all 3 wires, or a battery effort would only need 2 of the wires connecting.

If its the one with the green and red lights, then you can pick these up on ebay.

Sometimes for less than £10, sometimes for silly money.

You would just clip the front off and clip a replacement one back on.

There are an electronic thermostat.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys - but not, they are not on eBay or any other site I could find. That's why I wrote to this thread... I guess I will pick whatever single-channel programmable thermostat looks like it would fit the place where the current one is.

Thanks again,
yot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back