What to use on external damp/wall? Render - if so mix with any additives?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

To cut a long story short, the gully was cracked and we found out we had an issue when the kitchen was plastered and painted with a mist quote. I have now had the time to look into this further and today I spent some time breaking up the remainder gully area. This is shared between myself and the neighbour (whom is thankfully on a long holiday).

Ignore the temp rainwater to soil pipe fix - that's just there so further water doesn't cause more issues.

This is a follow on from an earlier thread if interested here are the links.
https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...ked-new-damp-issue.550436/page-2#post-4704983
https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/new-plaster-but-damp-issue-which-paint-to-use.550435/page-2

Now I'm going to install a bottle gully and attach what I can directly to the gully, inc rainwater, and waste pipes for myself and the neighbours.

The thing is @img 9194 had a load of mud inside with a brick by each side (fell out with some mud, not sure why mud was in it, but obviously a very poor job.

I've now tried to clean up the area as much as I can by removing the mud from inside it and either side and the bricks are clearly wet.

I obviously need to start looking at repairing and installing the new gully, there is no damp course material, so the what do I use to cover that entire area with cement? The other thing I was thinking was to soak the area in bitumen or some damp proof paint, but best to ask you experts for some sound advice! Many Thanks.

Cheers,
Sparky

IMG_9187.JPEG IMG_9194.JPEG IMG_9195.JPEG IMG_9198.JPG

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back