What type of Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to have to replace the gas boiler in the kitchen some time this year, the present one supplies both hot water and central heating via a timer.

I would like to replace with one that supplies on demand ie, taps on, water on, and would like to get rid of the old copper tank thats lives in the bathroom directly above, I am confused with so many different types.

Also, would there be enough pressure to run a shower from it?

Sponsored Links
That would be a combi boiler and electric shower then.The only problem with combi's is they are not suitable for heavy demands on hot water due to the fact they heat it on demand and also when they do get a demand for hot water it temporarily diverts it from the heating,so if you have several bathrooms and lots of kids a combi isn't for you

also because it is a gas appliance you have to get a corgi engineer to install it

Thanks for your help. I've a family of 3 children but water usage is quite small and a shower would lessen the demand in one area. with all the talk of energy usege these days it's a serious option

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back