What type of joint is this in soil pipe?

Sponsored Links
jon92, good evening.

As previous post, this could be an Insurance claim?? under the heading of damage to underground services??

OR? do you have Insurance cover for your Central Heating Boiler? some sort of service agreement?? if so these types of Policies also tend to come with cover extending to blocked drains as well as cover for all white goods [Dishwashers / Tumble dryers, Etc.] If you do have this cover then you would not get hit for the Excess and a premium hike from the Building Insurer.

If you do not fance an insurance claim get prices from local to you drain jetting companies?

Ken.

I have no such insurance unfortunately, though I wouldn't normally try to claim for a block pipe anyway. If it comes to it I will get a drain company in, just a bit galling as they charge over the odds and it should really be straightforward to do it myself.

I have no such insurance unfortunately, though I wouldn't normally try to claim for a block pipe anyway. If it comes to it I will get a drain company in, just a bit galling as they charge over the odds and it should really be straightforward to do it myself.

its a shame people have to make a living from clearing your shyte up ;):rolleyes: , might as well do yourself then... as then it wouldn't be galling , its a shame you haven't a clue what your doing thou;)

Sponsored Links
Rodding drains is not very difficult and a set of rods can start at about £20.

Needs to be rodded from the nearest manhole downstream. Hopefully that will be clear!

Best to wear rubber or PVC gloves and have a shower afterwards.

Or if you go fishing then use your waders.

Little trick, have a hosepipe and wash the rods as you pull them out!

its a shame people have to make a living from clearing your shyte up ;):rolleyes: , might as well do yourself then... as then it wouldn't be galling , its a shame you haven't a clue what your doing thou;)

Yea beats me why people come on a DIY site which is aimed at giving DIYers advice and then actually ask for advice!!

just a bit galling as they charge over the odds and it should really be straightforward to do it myself.

Yea beats me why people come on a DIY site which is aimed at giving DIYers advice and then actually ask for advice!!

yea and it beats me when people expect tradesmen to clear and fix their pipework full of their shyte (literally ) and not get paid a decent wage ;):rolleyes: .!!!!!!!

What is really strange is that people won't believe what they are told. ie. to look for/in a manhole outside for a blockage, because "things" are occuring elsewhere on a piperun. Always has been human nature I guess. Like Newton's mate ....." Isaac, the apple falls cuz it's heavy, now drink thy cider cuz it's the best use of them apples "(y)

I quite like drainage matters for some reason.

Possibly because I have needed to do so many on properties that I have owned including two launderettes which regularly get blocked drains.

Even one evening had had to dig up the pavement on the shopping street to sort out a drain.

I would change that elbow to a tee and put a proper access point into it so it can be cleared easily next time
Any man who is willing to handle other people's ****e should be paid handsomely
I normally pass this work onto my apprentices I have paid my dues !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back