What type of membrane?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently in the process of pulling up the old floor boards over an old Victorian suspended ground floor with air bricks around the room.

I will be using a loft roll insulation, as Celotex is too expensive for the total area, to insulate before re-fitting the boards.

I have seen posts where people use chicken wire to hold the insulation between the joists, but I have come up with the idea of laying a membrane over and in between the joists and using this to hold the insulation. So that the membrane hangs between the joists.

What type of membrane is best for this situation?
Bearing in mind that the joists will be underneath the membrane, the only thing above the membrane will be the floor boards and insulation.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to burst your bubble but this is the standard way of insulating all floors in timber framed building, has been for years. The type of membrane is nothing more than plastic netting, the type used in horticulture. Check with your local builders merchants, they will have it in stock I'm sure...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back