what type of rawl plugs??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I am helping some friends out and fitting new curtain poles to there brand new house.
Now i am assuming this house is going to have a thin layer of plaster board and not a lot else underneath.
What fixing would be recommend for securely fixing things to walls of these modern houses without them pulling through the plasterboard. Cheers. Jules

Sponsored Links
This will depend on the weight of the item that is going to be fitted.
But a curtain rail, should be really secure as they can take some stick and often the rails can be quite heavy, specially when the curtains are applied.
So I would go for a heavy raw plug, I would drill it all the way through the plaster board in to the brick/block worth beneath to get a good hold.
I assume the wall borads are fitted to a masonry surface.

A timber baton glued to the plasterboard is one solution it avoids hitting the steel over the window.It will spread the load over a greater area.

Sponsored Links
If brick/block use a 6.5mm drill bit with brown wall plugs and number 10 screws should do.

If plasterboard, use these type, best plasterboard fixings I've used
wO8FQ5OUHdvPP09u_oE4lyGjRwxFkWdjghvOrdArjpudmXh5fPyxvdQlQey6KSZqEeduNQU87SXiAf59Bbht9kBIDB7LjH08E4aZmKABTUGV6YQLIWqab8KE3X28C71G5R0h1im_VsTM__do46qpFAUuH8IniXRGHL49wNuAu6I0

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back