What way should I run my Laminate floor?

You want it such that the transition bar (that covers the gap) is directly below the door when the door is closed)

Sponsored Links
Thanks Chris, is that dictated by the way the door opens or is there other factors that I should consider?

I've never laid flooring in empty shells, but I think what matters is just which side of the wall the door hangs.

Thanks. The planks are currently stored in Bedroom 1 so should I start here and work outwards into the hall? Are door breaks recommended (I've been told they are.. if there is ever an issue and you need to pull the floor up in one room) and would I just start with a full board after any break.
You should always use threshold bars at doorways .
Cheers Chris, the doors / door frames are not fitted let.. do I just create a 10mm break central to the doorway? How do I then continue with the flooring. Just start a fresh run or try and mimic a continuation of the board lengths?

Sorry for all the q's just need to get this in my head before starting and can find the answer to this online anywhere ;)
Start a fresh Run since hall will run at 90 degrees to rooms.

Sponsored Links
Perfect thanks mate. I was just about to propose that I will be doing the following:

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 17.11.58.png

Trust thats what you are suggesting? Will start on this tomorrow as I've just received the fibre boards.

If laying rows from left to right, you need to start at the other side of the hallway.

Hi and thanks, hopefully getting somewhere now.

trust the below starting areas and run direction are okay?

Have done and they look fine to me. Was hoping for someone with experience laying laminate to confirm that the starting points and direction are okay.

Well, you seem to get confused with what I meant with left to right, but I am sure after 3 boards you will see...

Sorry rushing and juggling kids. My fault.

I was unsure what you’re referring to as left and right.

This?

Appreciated foxhole. Do you mean like this? I didnt want to run that direction in the hall as I thought it would look weird...?

Correct me but surly they are the two options running from the cup side? And they are both wrong?

The problem is that I do not understand you. Would you mind explaining a little?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back