LAMINATE FLOOR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the easiest way to determine the squareness of the room area so that when I stand back, the laminate looks to be running straight to the room, even if I need to scribe the first pieces along my starting wall? When I start the installation of laminate flooring from my starting wall, should the tongue be facing the wall or into the room, or doesn't it matter?
Thanks for advice :)

Sponsored Links
Normally you click the tongue in to the grove, but some do vary so follow the instruction given with the product.
Determining the squareness of the room can be difficult if the room is no where near square. Go for focal points, make them look square.
But if you lay the planks parallel to far wall and taper the ends in to the perpendicular walls, it should leave you square looking lines across the room.
You may have to plan the layout first, by offering the first row to the far wall and cutting the back joint accordingly, to get it to run right.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back