What would constitute 'implementing' planing permission for loft conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

We've planing permision for a loft conversion and extension. It's complicated by the fact we are not clear that we want the extension part (or at least all of ir) (lose to much outside space) and that we are not happy with the proposed floor plan. (the plans came with the house, we didnt make them).

I think we've until May to 'implement' the plans, this doesn't seem long to@ find an architect, agree a design, make changes to planning (do we need to do this if we plan to do less if not more), find a builder (no one is taking jobs at the moment it seems) and get started.

So my question is basically 'how do I stall for time'. What can I fesably do to get started, that the council will sign off but won't leave me with a hole in the roof or a huge wasted expense.

Advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back