What would you do?

Sponsored Links
If it sets fire to your carport i would of thought so. I only requires a temp of 54 oC to go off.

I would definitely have a linked alarm in a garage where people are sleeping above.
Also contact http://www.derbyshire-fire-service.co.uk/safety_info.ihtml?catid=68 who will visit and carry out a quick free home fire safety check to give advice. If you tell them what has happened then i would think they would be around to see you fairly sharpish.

I wouldnt bother with the cameras ( and I fit them for a living ) use the money to build a good brick wall

Thanks for the link Scottster.

Think i will do cameras and a wall...

Sponsored Links
it's a week to the day since the scum torched my hedge.... i'm sat here at the windows, shoes on, ready for their return.... but will they? i doubt it!!

Set up some exterior lights on a PIR, vandals don't like being illuminated, better deterrent than cameras I think.

I would go wall and lights.

This attack could of course be a one off but you just don't know.

Funnily enough the 'attack' happened 5 metres from a street lamp, and the road, and clearly visible to a dozen or more houses....

But i think you're right, it's a random attack, and not aimed at me personally.

But i am installing cameras..... partly because the old couple on the other side of the path (in a bungalow) had a knock on the door at 10:45pm the other night, it was a tall bloke with a dog who said "can you unlock your gate so i can get my dog's ball back?" my neighbour said "no" as it was late, so he said "right, i'll climb over then" and proceded to do so, breaking plants as he went.... i've told her to ring me in future...

You'll have to get planning permission for a wall higher than 2 metres (which is ****-all use for protection). My advice: just build a 3 metre wall without talking to the council. No-one will complain. You can then use the wall as a support for your carport

Sponsored Links
Back