What would you do?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to cut some more slabs ( about 15 ) and have the choice of either buying a decent diamond blade for £20 for my existing angle grinder or buying a brand new Bosch grinder for £45.

I am assuming that the new grinder will come with a decent diamond blade.

What do you think? :D

Sponsored Links
a lot of new angle grinders come with a diamond blade , generally just a bricks an concrete cutting one though . If they are concrete slabs then it'll be fine - but if its india stone then it wont do

Sponsored Links
If the slabs are only 20mm thick then I suppose an angle grinder will do

We use Aldi diamond blades about £4 for a set of 110mm ones and £5 for a 215mm one, and these are just as good as the "proper" ones we used to pay £30-£50 for

But for slabs, a 9" cutter is the minimum, and IIRC last time I looked in the toolstation catalogue they don't come with a blade except for an Hitachi one

Dunno what I`d do - But you could ask the pope now he`s here :idea: Then you`d know What Would Jesus Do ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back