Decisions!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Occasionally cut 150mm2 white tiles and would be handy having a tool that could cut glass too

Anyone used one of these?

http://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/product/...8v 85mm glass tile cutter 2 x 1.3ah batteries

Do u suppose you could change the blade on the tile cutter linked above for a normal wood blade for use as a mini circular saw? (with the water off obviously :)

On the other hand, I need a new grinder to go with the rest of my Makita LXT collection, would I be better off getting an angle grinder instead and swap the disc for a diamond one?

Sponsored Links
Do u suppose you could change the blade on the tile cutter linked above for a normal wood blade for use as a mini circular saw?

That would make a very dangerous tool - someone on this forum died after using a wood blade in an angle grinder.

It does look similar but there is no retractable blade guard on the tile saw. The inquest into the death of the guy on this forum said the speed of the angle grinder was not designed for the number of teeth on the saw, this meant when it struck a knot in the wood it was sent out of the workpiece and towards his neck. The lack of blade guard ensured this was fatal.

I'd rather put a tile blade in a circular saw and pour water on the workpiece, at least you'd be safe!

Sponsored Links
I've got one and it's great for glass and tiles but, safety considerations aside, it's far too slow to use as a circular saw.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back