What would you do ........ ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About 3 years ago, my Mum & Dad moved to France and whilst they have not made much effort to learn the language, my Mum did fleetingly join an ex-pats French lesson which consisted of her, three friends and (somewhat bizarrely) Biff Byfford, the lead singer of '80s metal band Saxon, who now lives in the same town.

The Saxon are playing at Bradford this Sunday, and their driver (who they also know) is supposed to be phoning me up on Sunday morning and sorting me out with a place on the guest list.

However, it is my wedding anniversary on Tuesday, and when I mentioned to my wife that I may be off to see Saxon on Sunday, I detected a slight something which told me that she may have organised some alternative surprise for Sunday night. Now I am not overly desperate to see Saxon, but similarly I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth and it would be kind of fun, so do I...

1) Turn down Saxon, and risk sitting in on Sunday night watching Heartbeat, having misread the signals about my Sunday surprise.
2) Go for it and risk the wrath....

I think I'm going to go for 1) but how would the rest of you handle it ??

Sponsored Links
How long have you been married, that would have a BIG bearing on any answers Im sure :LOL: :LOL:

Good point - How can I expect you to make an informed decision without all the information.....

This will be 8 years, with 3 children. So its not 1 or 2, but its not 30 either. :D

Mention your plans to see the Saxons again and see if you get the same (or more pressing) signs?

Sponsored Links
I'm trying the reverse i.e "You know, I don't think I can be bothered to go and see Saxon, even if it is free" and seeing if I can detect any hint of relief or satisfaction.

I'd ask my wife how she'd feel If I went to see Saxon on our wedding anniversary, gulp! and watch her reaction.
I might wear protective clothing and a crash helmet. :LOL:

Well the local history society has a slide-show on 'The Airships of Howden' on the actual anniversary, but I have already decided that it would be best not to go to that :( :(

Tell your wife you were planning to take her out for a nice meal on that night but you would really like to go and see saxon so perhaps you could go for a meal on a different night.

Alternatively, send me the ticket and I will tell you that the gig was awful so then we will all be winners (or think we are!)

johnny_t said:
However, it is my wedding anniversary on Tuesday
Exactly! It's just as much your anniversary as your wifes. Surely the answer is to take her with you. As a concession promise to allow her to choose how you both celebrate next year.

Ooo, I feel like I've just had a Claire Rayner moment :LOL:

i'd ask her if she had any plans for that night as you got the impression that she wasn't happy you were planning on going. if she has made plans without consulting with you first then i'd be inclined to say bubbles as she can't really complain when you don't know what the plans were, can she?! i'd understand if the sunday was your anniversary, but you say it's the tuesday, so i really don't see it as being a problem.

if she says that she has made arrangements without telling you i guess that you'd both have to decide which was the better night out really, assuming that the invite to see saxon would include your wife.

good luck anyway and have a lovely evening what ever you decide. :D

johnny_t said:
1) Turn down Saxon, and risk sitting in on Sunday night watching Heartbeat, having misread the signals about my Sunday surprise.

Oh well - pity it is today.
I am thinking of going to Heartbeat country next Wednesday, and having a ride on the steam train.

Sponsored Links
Back