What would your school teachers /classmates be surprised to hear as happened in your adult life?

Sponsored Links
I was a right little fecker at school, always in trouble, lost count of the detentions and canings I had. Several times I was a hairs breadth away from being expelled. My teachers and former classmates would be surprised that I have spent the last 25 years of my life teaching kids. More so that they are the ones that are too naughty to go to a mainstream school! Poacher turned gamekeeper?

Last edited:
My teachers from my Grammar school would be surprised about how outspoken I am against bigots/bullies and the like.
At that school I was quiet reserved and got bullied for it a little bit and I'd love to meet the bully and see what it had made of itself.

As for school mates. I'm in touch with about half a dozen of my primary mates and I certainly wouldn't recognise any of them these days. We all posted old and recent photo's at some time or another over the past few years and they all agree they can still recognise me, in fact thats how one of them managed to contact me. He saw a group photo of a couple of lads he didn't know but recognised me nearly 60 years later. Sent a friend request and thats how we both got back in touch with a few others and they have certainly changed beyond recognition.

I lost touch with all of them, or rather I didn't bother to remain in touch - my job meant a lot of time away from home, so not much chance to keep in touch. I just happened to search for my last school and the search threw up the FB group, so I joined to have look around it. Not many members, but a good few remembered me. They'd had a few meetings before I joined, but no general group meets since, though I did agree to meet up with some individuals for a quiet pint.

Sponsored Links
I would say getting a degree , I was the dumb lad

My teachers would be surprised if I wrote "What would your school teachers /classmates be surprised to hear as happened in your adult life?" because I had English lessons so can string a sentence together. :) :) :)

My teachers would be surprised if I wrote, "What would your school teachers /classmates be surprised to hear, about what has happened in your adult life?" because I had English lessons so can string a sentence together. :) :) :)

Corrected your grammar and a little punctuation for you. :LOL::LOL:

I was forced to sit next to the skools most stuck up bitch in English Lang'. For 3yrs she never said one word to me but she did continuously complain about my habits . . . & occasionally the odd aroma's. My head of year finally admitted that things like swallowing my own snot & the odd packet of dog **** (specially for her) was probably just an extension of the way my character reacts to her character. She really was an obnoxious individual, even in such an early stage of her stunted personality development.

I'd have been in my mid 20's when I was on a job & needed to pop into a branch of my bank. I do remember it was a very wealthy part of Derby (Duffield) & my heart just thumped when I spotted her behind the counter. With a bit of queue juggling I managed to get in front of her to serve me, she never once acknowledged me or even glanced in my general direction, but I knew that she'd clocked it was me.

I did what I came to do & then casually asked her for a balance check . . . . . . True to form she showed absolutely zero signs of emotion, simply writing down what would have been £800 000+ in those days, & sliding it through the hole.

I dearly wish I'd kept that chit.

That the guy she met at a wedding and who took her to dinner followed many hours later by a really romantic breakfast, had been her pupil in first and second year at secondary school some 10 years before. And until her ex fiancé made a reappearance a few weeks later, life was very sweet.

Sponsored Links
Back