Whats everbody having for Xmas lunch/dinner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This year we are having a small free range chicken and a chateaubriand fillet joint of beef. Roast spuds and a selection of veg.

I have never been a big fan of turkey and as there will just be the two of us it seemed like a good option.

Christmas pud for afters.

Sponsored Links
Some really good Burgundy/Claret (Beaune and Margaux). Oh, and Turkey, from the local butcher.

I'm looking for ward to the wine though.

Hi All,

4 pints of Stella Artios down the 'local'. :LOL: (Doubt I will be too concerned about eating after them :eek: ).

All the Best

Ed.

Topside beef, cooked properly. I'm not keen on turkey. Saffron roasted spuds (roasted in goose fat) Spinach, Brussels with panchetta and marsala (Nigella).

God it's murder being unemployed. (and no, I've received no benefits so there).

Wine, what a cock up. I bought some laying down Claret from my mate (no, he's not posh or well off and neither am I) but the damn stuff won't be ready for at least a couple of years.

But just remember, it has nothing to do with the food ingredients, but who you chose to spend it with, enjoy. **** must buy some semolina tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Cold Ham sandwiches I think.

Unless its pot noodle or micro chips :(

No different from any other Christmas dinner we have here (about 3000 calories), the best part being Death By Chocolate Pudding for dessert

I'm planning to have a big bird

before breakfast

A bacon and onion dumpling for all the family. (Its a Bedfordshire thing).

Ill start with Bucks fizz, and end with me christmas pud I made a few months back.

Ill do the turkey / goose on boxing day with all the trimmings.

The yorkshire pot is a fave at new year.

No fancy cooking here, just honest grub with apperently 12 gramms of salt.

Lardy Dave

JohnD.... I try and have my big bird the night before. Not shock, just me beer goggles. :eek:

We was going to go with the goose option but settled on the traditional (for us) Turkey! a nice bottle of Penfolds bin 28 followed by loads of beer and then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Smoked lamb straight from Iceland (the country)...

Red cabbage, mushy peas and some strange sauce only the wife knows what it's made of... :LOL:

Smoked lamb straight from Iceland (the country)...

Red cabbage, mushy peas and some strange sauce only the wife knows what it's made of... :LOL:

lamb is far too young ro smoke?

as for iceland? didnt know they sustained livestock let alone exported it

however a nice lamb joint purchased tonght ;)

from sainsbury's

Sponsored Links
Back