What's needed now is unity ....The votes done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
please show us the link with her actual words.

Or are you making it up?
I will indulge you this time but at the time this was a big issue that only someone who wasn't interested could have missed. If you weren't interested then, you aren't interested now.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...-increase-risk-of-europe-descending-into-war/
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ron-right-leaving-eu-brexit-increase-risk-war
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36243296
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brexit-could-trigger-world-war-7928607

Perhaps you can find here a news outlet that you believe without question.

Sponsored Links
Err...perhaps Notch does not know the difference between pre and post. Hey notch, you can only have pre-Brexit data PRIOR to having Brexit. Geddit?

Yes, why dont you understand that?

You said pre Brexit data is pointless.

So, I asked you for post Brexit data......you said there isnt any.

I therefore conclude that your thousands of posts claiming Brexit damage to the economy, are all entirelly pointless, according to your own criteria.

You said pre Brexit data is pointless.
No I didn't. Just the rubbish you put up.
I therefore conclude that your thousands of posts claiming Brexit damage to the economy, are all entirelly pointless
You are entitled to your opinion. However, there is an overwhelming opinion from everyone associated with the Brexit debacle that a hard Brexit will be damaging to the UK.

Except if you are a very wealthy Tory of course.

Economist:

Why is it that whenever some organisation comes up with some half-baked prediction of doom for the UK economy post-Brexit it is splashed all over the news, yet real data on the economy gets ignored? Yesterday, the ONS quietly released the latest figures for Gross Fixed Capital Formation (GFCF) which covers investment across the whole economy, public and private sectors, manufacturing, construction, services and extractive industries.

They showed that contrary to the received wisdom that investors have fled the UK following the Brexit vote, investment grew by 1.1 per cent in the fourth quarter of 2017, to a total of £84.1 billion. Over the course of 2017 it grew by 4 per cent compared with 2016. This was higher than for any other G7 country – with Italy following on 3.7 per cent, France 3.5 per cent, the US 3.2 per cent and the US on 3.1 per cent?

The article was written 7th April 2018
It is a shame you do not use up-to-date information. It shows a complete contrast.

Well show me your post Brexit data then (y)
You show out-of-date data.

According to him pre Brexit data is utterly pointless (y)
It is if it is out-of-date.

Or are you making it up?
Making it up, showing out-of-date information? Is there much difference?

Main points

• Gross fixed capital formation (GFCF), in volume terms, was estimated to have fallen by 1.3% to £85.6 billion in Quarter 1 (Jan to Mar) 2018 from £86.8 billion in Quarter 4 (Oct to Dec) 2017.

• Business investment was estimated to have fallen by 0.4% to £47.7 billion between Quarter 4 2017 and Quarter 1 2018.

• Between Quarter 1 2017 and Quarter 1 2018, GFCF was estimated to have increased by 1.5% from £84.3 billion; business investment was estimated to have increased by 2.0% from £46.8 billion.(noticeably lower than other EU countries)

• The sectors that contributed to the 1.3% GFCF fall between Quarter 4 2017 and Quarter 1 2018 were general government, public corporations’ dwellings and business investment.

• The asset that contributed most to the decrease in GFCF over the same period was other buildings and structures and transfer costs; transport equipment was the only asset to have increased as all other assets also fell in this period.

• Estimates in this bulletin are consistent with the UK National Accounts, Blue Book 2018 edition to be published on 31 July 2018; all data have been revised from their start point and the reference year for the chained volume estimates has now moved on from 2015 to 2016.

The point is we haven't had Brexit yet and no one, businesses included have absolutely no idea what that will be. Of course those business are investing presently - why wouldn't they.

Many have been begging the Tory Brexitshambles Bunch to tell them exactly what flavour Brexit will be.

They can't.

So, it is muddle through for now. However, there are many in the automotive business (those that haven't had a taxpayer funded sweetener (Toyota)) and in the aerospace industry that are already looking elsewhere in case of a hard Brexit.

And I think you are in cloud cuckoo land.

It doesn't mean much, but I don't know anybody who voted remain that would now vote to leave. But I do know leavers that would now vote remain. In fact there is at least 1 on this forum.

Nearly 2 years on and nobody can explain brexit to me yet. That includes everybody on here.
No one can explain to me staying in EU!

No I didn't. Just the rubbish you put up.
You are entitled to your opinion. However, there is an overwhelming opinion from everyone associated with the Brexit debacle that a hard Brexit will be damaging to the UK.

Except if you are a very wealthy Tory of course.
Or a low paid manual worker of course
Or a skilled worker of course
Or a self employed tradesman of course
Or a small businessman of course

Or a low paid manual worker of course
Or a skilled worker of course
Or a self employed tradesman of course
Or a small businessman of course
You think these people will be shielded from the effects of a hard Brexit? Or perhaps you mean that they can travel to Europe and find work there?

When the banking sector was on its erse in 08/09 everyone felt it especially those in the construction industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back