What's the best thing for protecting knees

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Done back in so figured instead off bending over better kneel. Is this pad the best thing to use?
1529326237831297393790.jpg

Sponsored Links
you can also get knee pads that you strap round your legs, or fit to knee pockets of your trousers, but a gardener's kneeler like that is what I use.

If your back is bad you can also get one with raised handles to help you get up (or turn it over for a seat). Mine has a small compartment for storing secateurs or other small items.

783-6284_PI_1000642MN

Actually my knees aren't hurting from kneeling it's more my back which is a problem and thought it better to start kneeling than bend over, then heard that hurts your knee. But kneeling on pads is the best way for your body, isn't it?

How u carry your kneel pad around when moving about? might attach mine to my belt

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
you can also get knee pads that you strap round your legs, or fit to knee pockets of your trousers, but a gardener's kneeler like that is what I use.

If your back is bad you can also get one with raised handles to help you get up (or turn it over for a seat). Mine has a small compartment for storing secateurs or other small items.

783-6284_PI_1000642MN
So I would carry it around then sit on it for weeding (sitting on the job lol)

Small stool or kneeler can save back, otherwise work trousers with knee pad compartment but get ones that don't drop below knee in use. Have found strap on knee pads move too much in use

Blup

The cheap £1 kneeling pads are quite good if you glue 2 or 3 together.

The Knee pads that you strap to your legs or put in pockets of work trousers are useless, a full size knee mat is the better alternative but the problem is moving it while you work

Bodd has it right.. the solution is to work on correcting the problem with your back. You don't say what you did, but as long as you don't have the red flags*, its likely that stretching and core work will fix your back over a period of time. Pilates, body balance, yoga etc will help. The problem with back injuries is they always cause secondary injuries and depending on what you did, kneeling might make it worse. Plus your gut feeling is to rest the back, which is often the worse thing to do.

*https://www.sheffieldachesandpains....ces/learning/in-detail/red-flags-in-back-pain

Actually my knees aren't hurting from kneeling it's more my back which is a problem and thought it better to start kneeling than bend over, then heard that hurts your knee. But kneeling on pads is the best way for your body, isn't it?

How u carry your kneel pad around when moving about? might attach mine to my belt
There is a roofers back support which may help your bending...

If you want something to kneel on, cheapest is a small offcut of high density foam from that bloke in the market who sells odd bits of high density foam.

Kneepads with straps can cut into the back of your knees.

Trizers with kneepad pockets can droop so that the pads are too low but you soon get used to pulling the legs up before kneeling.

I felt stupid when I first put them on as they looked silly
Not as stupid and silly as you'd feel if in your 50's you were half-crippled and unable to work because your knees were shot.

Sponsored Links
Back