What's the wiring type?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On an EIC, what would you put down as the wiring type for this FCU?

4CCA7C2B-0F86-46D6-81B9-6BF3477A3CCD-1430-0000018196E2DD0F.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Don't you use the cable type feeding the FCU?

As there may be many different cable types used on the outgoing side.

On an EIC, what would you put down as the wiring type for this FCU?
More education needed! Having been looking at this thread for 24 hours, it's just occurred to me that I'm not at all sure where on an IEC one has to record 'wiring type' - what's the answer?

In any event, is not the question posed a more complex variant of a much more common situation? What would you record as the wiring type for an FCU with T&E on one side and SWA on the other (either way around)?

Kind Regards, Joihn.

Notice how the two top caps are fitted points forward, but the side cap is fitted flat forward.

Nice job lining the faceplate screws up though.

There appears to be timber 'debris' on right hand gland thread.
The cleat is not parallel to board edge.
;)

But I would maybe put an asterisk and a footnote in comments section. Perhaps go with the Fcu supply cable as someone else posted.

What would you record as the wiring type for an FCU with T&E on one side and SWA on the other (either way around)?

Which is why I suggested that the cable type recorded should be the one that feeds the FCU, not the load cable.

Trouble does start, though, if you have a mixture of cable types on the feed. Then I would put an asterisk in and note that there is more than one cable type.

What would you record as the wiring type for an FCU with T&E on one side and SWA on the other (either way around)?
Which is why I suggested that the cable type recorded should be the one that feeds the FCU, not the load cable.
Indeed. Mind you, although that is perhaps 'simpler', I'm not sure that the type of wiring on the load side is any less important!
Trouble does start, though, if you have a mixture of cable types on the feed. Then I would put an asterisk in and note that there is more than one cable type.
Do you mean if the feed cable changed in type somewhere along its length? (about the only situation in which more than one feed cable would actual enter an accessory is on a ring, and it would then be almost unknown for there to be different 'types').

Since no-one else has yet answered my question, perhaps you could explain to me where this information is to be recorded on an EIC?

Kind Regards, John

Since no-one else has yet answered my question, perhaps you could explain to me where this information is to be recorded on an EIC?
The programme I use does indeed ask for the cable type and installation reference method of each circuit including sub-main.
I am not sure if it is an actual requirement.

However, I note that on the IET sample forms the reference method only is required.
This, though, is not really much use if the cable type is not recorded.

Can't find an example, but ours ask for cable type on the page with all the test results.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back