What's this cover outside house? Water or something else?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have this cover in my front yard and not sure what it is. There is a water cover just outside my house which seems to supply mine and my neighbours property which is got the letter STW which is Severn Trent Water. But not sure what this one is. I did a search for SDW but can't find any info on it.

Can anyone help?

Cheers
IMG_20231229_100240.jpg

Sponsored Links
South Downs Water? Where do you live and have you lifted the cover to have a look.

We are in the east midlands area covered by Severn Trent Water. We have a STW cover just outside the yard that seems to supply ours and the neighbours property. I'm just baffled by the SDW on this as I can't find any information online what it could me.

I haven't opened it as not got a key

Sponsored Links
That toby probably predates SevernTrent Water, could it be an old one from Severn Dee Water? (Hafren Dyfrdwy)

I can confirm that "SDW" = South Derbyshire Water. I have the same one outside my house. The current day supplier is SevernTrent Water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back