What's wrong with this?

Sponsored Links
First thing I thought was - the cpc is switched, and the box isn't earthed.

Then there's the lack of sleeving, lack of cable protection & restraints and the unblanked hole already mentioned.

But regarding the last, judging by the state of the inside I'm not 100% sure that the cover was removed just for the photo - maybe that's gone awol too.

On the grand scheme of things we can probably overlook the exposed L&N conductors on the incoming side, but should we overlook the fact that the load cable is smaller? What's the supply fused at?

I can picture the design of the switch - shouldn't the ON/OFF indicator be attached to the operating toggle?

And there's a crack in the switch body.

And generally it doesn't look like the sort of environment where there should be unprotected cable clipped to the walls, but then again it might just be that Mrs Sheds works there as a cleaner....

Reminds me of my own TP nightmare. In this case, the "earth" was actually used as as second switchwire for a sink/bath immersion, meaning the heater had no cpc:

TPIsolator-1.jpg

Terminal cover and faceplate was removed for the photo.
Supplied from a 15A BS3036 semi-enclosed (rewireable) fuse.

Location of this isolator? A kitchen in a factory, a place where the rats are more at home!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back