When considering in or out:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, Gerry, are you clinging to the foolish belief that MEPs and Ministers are evil alien lizards?
No, if you read the posts you will see that EFL Impudence is suggesting the British government are evil lizards, but foreign MEPs are trustworthy and have Britain's interests at heart. I think he's just trolling though.

I asked, how long would it take, and why do you think the UK could do better on its own?
My apologies, I misread. Part of the answer to this question is our 'special relatonship' with the US, our common language and history, and our ability to focus on Anglo-centric interests (obviously), as opposed to the interests of 27 other nations. Why wouldn't the UK could do better on its own?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
No, if you read the posts you will see that EFL Impudence is suggesting the British government are evil lizards,
They do have quite a strong claim.

but foreign MEPs are trustworthy and have Britain's interests at heart.
I implied the people's interest; not quite the same - and possibly more than ours do.

I think he's just trolling though.
Nope, I just don't understand why, with all the evidence of history, you cling to the idea that Britain is somehow superior.

I just don't understand why, with all the evidence of history, you cling to the idea that Britain is somehow superior.
It's not superior, it's simply that if anyone is going to act in Britain's interests above those of other nations, your best bet is with British minsters. They're not angelic, but they're the best we can get. You think Italian, Spanish, Luxembourg MEPs are going to act in our interests better than our own home-grown ministers?
So when it comes to laws, regulatons and non-EU trade aggrements, I think they should be made and unmade by British parliament, not Brussels. With all the evidence of wanton bureaucracy, waste and expenses that makes the British expenses scandal look like a storm in a teacup, you cling to the idea that European parliament is somehow superior.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
More bad news for the ...outers
Lol, apparently the American ambassador has never heard of Switzerland, Norway, Iceland...
Besides, it is in America's interests for us to remain in the EU because it prevents us -one of the most influential and powerful nations in the world- from having an independent voice. It's in America's interests to see us shackled to the sinking ship of the EU and it's dwindling economic productivity. All the better for America to forge its own ties with the BRIC countries when there is less international competition. We are America's greatest European competitor because of our historic ties with the Commonwealth, our oil indepence, and our use of the global language, English -unique among the EU nations.

Lol, apparently the American ambassador has never heard of Switzerland, Norway, Iceland...
Besides, it is in America's interests for us to remain in the EU because it prevents us -one of the most influential and powerful nations in the world- from having an independent voice. It's in America's interests to see us shackled to the sinking ship of the EU and it's dwindling economic productivity. All the better for America to forge its own ties with the BRIC countries when there is less international competition.
Lol...er... not what I read in the link?:confused:

Lol...er... not what I read in the link?:confused:
What exactly did you read? That she spoke about 'linkages' in that nebulous way? What does 'intertwined-ness' even mean? That we won't be trading with Europe if we leave the EU? Nope, still in the common market. That we'll lose the Euro? Nope we don't have it. That we'll stop sharing security intelligence? Of course we won't stop. That we won't be subject to the TTIP? N....oh wait...

When you chuck out all the incidental stuff you're left with the pure, elemental distillation of Brexit: it is about the right to make our own laws and regulations pertaining to ourselves and non-EU countries. That's it. Is that so much to ask?

Last edited:
What I read was that another person in power has voiced their concerns over the out vote. This is how easily influenced voters will see it too. Just more bad news for those who want to exit.

What I read was that another person in power has voiced their concerns over the out vote. This is how easily influenced voters will see it too. Just more bad news for those who want to exit.
OK you're right there; bad press, however facile, is bad news for Outers.

Ultimately what will be will be. Discussions on insignificant forums won't change a thing.

Surely there are SOME Daily Mail readers out there that are popular enough to garner just a wee bit of publicity for the outers?:unsure:

I think some of them like Boris the Buffoon, even though he makes up ridiculous lies, and has now started raving about Hitler.

As for the others....

1000.jpg

Boris is indeed a buffoon and a dissappointing figurehead for any campaign. But I notice that you rely mostly on ad hominem sneers of Brexit supporters, not upon
sound arguments to remain. Remember, it was Cameron who claimed to be on the fence about leaving, then went on to say leaving would cause world war III!
know_facts_cartoon_cake.jpg

you rely mostly on ad hominem sneers

"mostly?"

Certainly not.

But I am prepared to make an exception for a mop-headed idiot who pretends that the President of the United States doesn't know what he's talking about because..... he had a Kenyan father.

I might also feel entitled to sneer at a politician who took bribes in brown envelopes, and is a liar, a cheat, and a convicted perjurer.

Or an anti-immigrant politician who employs his immigrant wife at public expense.

Perhaps it would be unfair to sneer at a man who claims the Royal Family are alien lizards, since he is clearly mentally ill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back