When is it too late to work outdoors

Trouble is, life continues to get noisier and people seem less considerate than they were. Add the pressure washer to sirens, house alarms, car alarms, dogs barking, police helicopter, sirens, noisy kids, traffic, lawn mowers, chainsaws/shredders, hedge trimmers, loud music, construction work, etc, etc, etc and it's yet another noise in a growing list.

To be honest, none of these things bother me much.

I just don't put in my hearing aids.

Edit: You missed one: wife snoring!

Neither do I!! ;)

Yes, I've found them to be very useful. I can surreptitiously turn them off when:

- the mother in law chatters away about nothing at all;
- enjoying a meal in a restaurant, the ubiquitous baby begins to scream;
- football comes on the telly;
- the local LimpDem candidate comes to the door canvassing;
- Christian Scientists come to the door trying to evangelise me;
- the wife tells me off for not listening to her;

and a whole lot of other situations.

You better tell us how did you achieve all this? :D
I mean how did you train yourself? LOL

Sponsored Links
Simple. I just read the instructions until I found the 'off' button.

Just common sense really, no training required.

I played a golf match with an old chap, Arthur, who wore hearing aids.

As we shook hands on the first tee, he said to me "If you think I'm ignoring you, I'm not. But when my ears sweat, I have to turn off my hearing aids!" Which happened midway around.

Lovely fella, and a very good golfer to boot :)

Sponsored Links
Trouble is, life continues to get noisier and people seem less considerate than they were. Add the pressure washer to sirens, house alarms, car alarms, dogs barking, police helicopter, sirens, noisy kids, traffic, lawn mowers, chainsaws/shredders, hedge trimmers, loud music, construction work, etc, etc, etc and it's yet another noise in a growing list.

Bl00dly Hill Whitey, where do you live? on a travellers site???

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Andy

Why, do you want a price for some tarmacing? :LOL: :LOL:

Not saying I suffer all these things, but I'm sure a fair number of the things have annoyed me at some time over the years to varying degrees - and possibly some things on the list have also annoyed others on here as well.

Going to sound like an old codger, but the modern world does get noisier all the time.

Back