When is it too late to work outdoors

No one ever considers the noise they make during the day, night shift workers who have to sleep during the day just have to tolerate the problem

Sponsored Links
Maybe the old fella is lonely.

Why not ask him if he would like to jet wash it for you during the day while you are at work?

Old people make me laugh (even tho i'm nearly one myself) they want to make their minds up. They're either deaf or not :cool:

Well, I'm young and deaf.

I'd be quite happy to hear eagle cleaning his patio if he were my NDN.

It'd be an expensive patio wash, but you could move in next to me... ;)

I'm not a single parent but once I'm at home kids like to be around me especially my son.
Anyway yesterday I decided to get on with it as soon as I got home. Had to deal with the kids, my son wanting the patio cleaner, running around with the brush, dirty muddy shoes etc.. but at least the old man would be happy now.

Sponsored Links
If it was a one off, maybe not too much of a problem. But 9.30 for several nights - I can see how that would be annoying.

Possibly, the old man may think you will start to make a habit of this or start doing other noisy work at all hours - so maybe he sees it as just nipping something in the bud. Fair enough.

Trouble is, life continues to get noisier and people seem less considerate than they were. Add the pressure washer to sirens, house alarms, car alarms, dogs barking, police helicopter, sirens, noisy kids, traffic, lawn mowers, chainsaws/shredders, hedge trimmers, loud music, construction work, etc, etc, etc and it's yet another noise in a growing list.

He was right to say something, and you deserve credit for being reasonable with him.

I'm not a single parent but once I'm at home kids like to be around me especially my son.
Anyway yesterday I decided to get on with it as soon as I got home. Had to deal with the kids, my son wanting the patio cleaner, running around with the brush, dirty muddy shoes etc.. but at least the old man would be happy now.

You've damaged the surface now. Next year will it be more difficult to clean.
You must be a dumb blond or something.

Trouble is, life continues to get noisier and people seem less considerate than they were. Add the pressure washer to sirens, house alarms, car alarms, dogs barking, police helicopter, sirens, noisy kids, traffic, lawn mowers, chainsaws/shredders, hedge trimmers, loud music, construction work, etc, etc, etc and it's yet another noise in a growing list.

Bl00dly Hill Whitey, where do you live? on a travellers site???

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Andy

To be honest, none of these things bother me much.

I just don't put in my hearing aids.

Edit: You missed one: wife snoring!

I've always been more bothered about the 'silent' irresponsibility of neighbours behaviour.

Not sure if I've mentioned it before, but wont go into it. :D

Neither do I!! ;)

You've damaged the surface now. Next year will it be more difficult to clean.
You must be a dumb blond or something.

Are you saying that using pressure washer has damaged the surface of the paving blocks?
Once its cleaned, I'm going to fill the gaps with the sand (what type of sand is best?) and I'm thinking of applying sealant on it so hopefully there'll be no moss etc.. for next couple of years!
.........and by the way I'm not blond :LOL:

Once cleaned you need to let it dry for *at least* few days if it is sunny. When dry, it needs to be bone dry. http://www.pavingexpert.com/refurb_03.htm gives some tips

Kiln dried sand or "paving sand" as wickes call it needs to be brushed all over, allowed to settle. This will be when you know it's not going to rain for a few days. It might be overkill, but your could hire a wacker plate for a day and go over it, make sure the sand gets in all the gaps. I guess though for a wacker you need to be confident the base of the drive has been put down properly (no dips or bumps on your drive?)

Then brush off the sand and push on a sealant. I myself bought a 20l container of Polyurethane Sealer from ebay and put in on with a roller. Polyurthane is not permeable - it's like applying a coat of varnish to the surface, I have grating at the bottom of the drive to take away the water.

The advise I'm giving is from the 1 driveway I did myself, happy to be corrected. My drive still looks as new nearly a year later, the neighbours who had some local people in have got grass / weeds growing.

Neither do I!! ;)

Yes, I've found them to be very useful. I can surreptitiously turn them off when:

- the mother in law chatters away about nothing at all;
- enjoying a meal in a restaurant, the ubiquitous baby begins to scream;
- football comes on the telly;
- the local LimpDem candidate comes to the door canvassing;
- Christian Scientists come to the door trying to evangelise me;
- the wife tells me off for not listening to her;

and a whole lot of other situations.

Neither do I!! ;)

Yes, I've found them to be very useful. I can surreptitiously turn them off when:

- the mother in law chatters away about nothing at all; :rolleyes:
- enjoying a meal in a restaurant, the ubiquitous baby begins to scream; :rolleyes:
- football comes on the telly; :rolleyes:
- the local LimpDem candidate comes to the door canvassing;
- Christian Scientists come to the door trying to evangelise me;
- the wife tells me off for not listening to her; :rolleyes:
and a whole lot of other situations.

You been attending classes then !
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back