When will Blair resign?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tony Blair has rejected calls to resign today after only grabbing 36% voters of the election when the government looks divided. When will he get the message that he's not popular? He either power crazy or stupid.

Sponsored Links
Whilst I did not vote for Blair, I hope he does not resign. The people of the UK voted him back into office, as such he should remain, if he steps down then there should be another election.

That is democrasy, not this *******s of "I'm fed up with the Job, here's my bestest mate ever, he'll do it for you!" nonsense.

FWL_Engineer said:
Whilst I did not vote for Blair, I hope he does not resign. The people of the UK voted him back into office, as such he should remain, if he steps down then there should be another election.

That is democrasy, not this **** of "I'm fed up with the Job, here's my bestest mate ever, he'll do it for you!" nonsense.

even tho id rather he wasnt in power, i agree with FWL. him resigning would defeat the point in winning the election

FWL_Engineer said:

That is democrasy, not this **** of "I'm fed up with the Job, here's my bestest mate ever, he'll do it for you!" nonsense.

Thats why you should vote for the party and the parties politics not the idiot fronting the party. :confused: Too many people get hooked up on the personalities and not the politics. You only have to look at the good ol' US of A for that. He's resigning 8 years too late imo.

Sponsored Links
I think it is a pretty c.rap system that you can vote in a leader only for him to leave or be forced to leave almost immediately afterwards and the country to be lead by someone they have not voted in as prime minister. I know you vote for a party, but you are actually voting for the face as well! :eek:

Good point here, thinking about it, Blair should carry on and not get out of it.

it strikes me as all being one flaming big lie. Lets call an election, here we are a happy party that will sort out the country blah blah blah. A few days late, oh lets get rid of the leader. Is that what people voted for? Its not just voting for the party either, as each individual brings with them their own agenda, values and ideas, so it will affect what happens. Personally i think the whole labour thing stinks and id love to know what would happen in an election tomorrow

cant the opposition call for a vote of no confidence and call another election?

jasy said:
cant the opposition call for a vote of no confidence and call another election?

In theory Yes, but due to the number of MP's that Labour have, he would certainly survive as the SDLP would likely stay out of it, which if they had done so in the first place would mean Tony was on the dole queue about now.

Well, my LD MP had the smallest Majority (33!) and I voted for her and she p****d all over the Tory. Maj now 4020. Since 2001, the Tory had got very complacent, and the LibDems ate away at his majority until he lost it all.

During the election, I met a Tory campaigner outside my house. He sneered "So this is where the LibDem stronghold is?". My reply was "OK, you are campaigning for this Tory geezer and majoring on the fact that he does so much for this constituency. If that is true, why has he lost his (large) majority over the years?"

BTW, the LibDems took Manchester Withington with a superb 17% swing from Labour.

Keith Bradley must be wondering what hit him.........

I think there are a lot of areas where MPs (of all parties) can be seen to do a lot for the area. My parents' MP (Tory) does quite a bit, he even speaks up in the Commons, which is something a lot of MPs don't do. Even my mum (a bit of a lefty) considered voting for him.

Such MPs, as Simon's post demonstrates, will see their share of the vote and their seat safe. If you are an MP and seen to be making a difference in your area, it is difficult for an unknown quantity (i.e. a candidate for a different party) to take your seat.

I voted for her and she p****d all over the Tory

I'm really not sure I approve of watersports after the returning of the results, but so long as it was consentual who am I to pass judgement :LOL:

Interesting, isn"t it, that at 36% Blair is Branded a looser. At 33% he would really have been a loser, and at 39% a miracle worker. So just 3% difference in support makes all the difference in the world to his career.

Now maybe he lost 3% support because of the war, but then again maybe he won 10% support as the standard bearer of new centrist right-wing labour. So he may be damaged goods, but he may also still be the best asset labour has got.

If he resigned tomorrow you'd all have no one to moan on about!

If Howard had won we'd all be laughing!

We do not have president !
One votes essentially for the party .. through one's prospective MP's... It is quite possible though not proven, that people voted for New Labour and not the 'front man' TB ... Ever media savvy, he rolled out Gordo just in case .. trouble is, people see through all that now, I for one feel uncomfortable with a leader so blatantly into media and spin... Ok, ok they are all at it ... but some not so obvious.
:D :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
Back