Where can I get a small amount of mortar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just discovered a small hole in the exterbal wall (approx 5cm diameter) which I need to fill in with some mortar.

Is there anywhere that I can get a small amount of morter for this (B&Q, Wickes, etc)? What I'm looking for is just a small tub of ready-mixed mortar.

Thanks
Gary

Sponsored Links
Doubt if you will get a small tub of readymix, but you could get a large bag, hire a cement mixer for the day and then sell the unused remainder on e-bay, but don't forget to include the costs of postage.
Alternatively a small packet of something from Wilkinsons and the wife's egg whisk may suffice.

Gary, that sure is a small amount. Go to a building supplier or even B&Q or Wickes etc and see if they have any damaged bags of sand and cement. Alternatively, you do get small bags of ready mix from B7Q that won't cost much more than a fiver..

Mix it in a bucket or on a tray of wood or something..

If you can wait, keep your eyes open for anyone who looks like they are having some work done, & ask for a cup full.
or
Always keep a couple of bags with you, you can always find sand laying about, then if you cant find the cement, go to b&q a nick a cup full of.

Sponsored Links
yeah wickes or homebase or b and q do small bags, i've bought a few. Wickes do a 2.5kg mix in bucket job but you can poor a bit out and stick it in a icecream tub or similar.. always comes in handy at some stage, like repairing drains etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back