Where can I get this hook?

jdw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was putting a swinging crib back together for our imminent second child and the hook snapped when I was tightening the nut (the threaded part iss in the nut in the picture). Has anyone any idea of what this type of hook is called and where I can get one? My wife is starting to panic that we won't have anywhere to put the new baby when it arrives!

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Well it's lasted for a few children so far (we got it second-hand), it was just an over-eagerness on my part when tightening it that caused it to snap!

Well the bottom drawer might do if you are really stuck, obviously don't close it (Health and Safety).

This was the closest I could find, yours looks like an M8, or 8mm bolt (13mm spanner?) and you will have to put it in the vice to shape. If its a 10mm spanner, then probably a M6, or 6mm bolt.

http://bit.ly/19REUWP

Good luck to you both, with everything

Sponsored Links
I recently fabricated something similar to this by using a rawlbolt with an eye hook....chucking the expanding part away, obviously.
Easy enough to come by, anyway! The common or garden hooks generally seem to have a spiralled end rather than a threaded one.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back